• The KillerFrogs

What's wrong with Fort Worth?

HToady

There is a new and concerted effort at McLean this year to this point specifically and athletics in general. GREAT coaches at McLean right now...and parent support.
My son's coaches at Mclean were great and they won, then went to Pascal and did nothing. Paschal could stop letting out of area kids in and drop down and probably compete for a city championship....as they should.

Big Frog II

Another problem with Paschal is the other feeder school, Daggett. They didn't even field a team when my kids were at McLean. So it was McLean and any kids that transferred in from other middle schools. That won't work in 6A football.

"Consolidate North Side, Diamond Hill, and Carter-Riverside into one North Hills High School"

. . . .This really needs to be done. Poor Diamond Hill is just pathetic year after year . . I checked the stats a few weeks ago and one game they had 9 yards of offense . . total.

Sound like future KU material.

Mean Purple

Responding to just the thread title.

Nothing is wrong with Ft Worth.

Cowtown is the best darn city in America.

Life's too short to live in Dallas.

"Consolidate North Side, Diamond Hill, and Carter-Riverside into one North Hills High School"

. . . .This really needs to be done. Poor Diamond Hill is just pathetic year after year . . I checked the stats a few weeks ago and one game they had 9 yards of offense . . total.

Diamond Hill has lost nearly 80 games in a row. Their last win was in 2010. The Startlegram had an article about them this week.

Temcat Frog

I have read what everyone has written regarding the poor athletic/football production in the Inner City schools in Texas,especially FWISD. ALL that has been said here is the absolute truth. I retired from FWISD after 37 years in the district (14 of which was coaching everything from football to swimming). Left the coaching in 1985 out of frustration with the district over its lack of "enthusiasm" for all athletes. That "enthusiasm" has only waned greatly since that time. There are many men and women that work their tails off on a daily basis to help their "kids" become better athletes and citizens, but the tools that they have been handed by the powers that be have been wholly inadequate for way too long. The answer to the solution is as complicated as the list of reasons for the system's failure that you good folks have delineated in your responses. So sad for those of us who see the value in what athletics can do for the kids, schools and communities that suffer under these types of conditions. In all fairness the inner city school all across the nation are dealing with so many other issues regarding the success of their students that athletics as moves to the end of the list of priorities for those public school leaders. The joys, in my mind for FWISD, are the occasional stories of success that come because a kid is highly motivated by self, home and community to be successful in a sport, with the assistance of an underpaid, overworked, under appreciated coach/coaches that do their best, on a daily basis with what they have been given.