• The KillerFrogs

what's patterson's salary?

hindry

large. that requires him to coach with something more than Juco competency.

in his own words..."if we played 3 OTS' we would have lost next week".

well coach if we would have won in OT it would have mattered if we lost next week. now it doesn't matter if we win! and what a (mating between Steel & 2314) defeatest attitude.

this 1 point cost us 10 places in CFP. its that simple. we already had one 4 star recruit bolt after OSU loss. how do  i know that? you guys reported it right here.

i am not complaining about players but let me list the coaching transgression

4 fades to players who would not fight for the ball. they would not or could not. doesn't matter. they didn't . they shouldn't have seen another pass. 

1 pass to turping for 86. remember turpin? 1 pass...that's it.

late in 4th...3rd and 1 and we took it from shogun. needed five yds just to get to line of scrimmage. of course OU closed it down.

and finally a tieing field goal missed because the coach was worried about next week.

boys the time has long since past when we could have a stand out season because of 1 or 2 players.  BU was on third string QB and he threw 88 yd TD. briles knew he could.  do you think M&C thought sawyer of kolhausen could do that? the sure didn't play call like they thought we had a chance.

what have they done without the absolute phenom of boykin/doctson?  they're starsky and hutch...the sum of the parts equal greatness. they made M&C , not the other way around.

why did meachum run the length of sideline when turpin turned on? because he understood in his reptiliian mind that redemption lay with turpin's TD..all the mistakes would be overlooked.

they say the fish rots from the head first. i appreciate everything every coach has contributed. but we have come too far and invested too much to allow coaching to relegate us to the mid-ranks of the Big12.

fire somebody gary.

Bruce Berry

hindry said:

in his own words...if we played 3 OTS' we would have lost next week.

well coach if we would have won in OT it would have mattered if we lost next week. now it doesn't matter is we win. and what a (mating between Steel & 2314) defeatest attitude.

this 1 point cost us 10 places in CFP. its that simple. we already had one 4 star recruit bolt afte OSU loss. how do  i know that? you guys reported it right here.

4r fades to palyers who would not fight for the ball. they would not or could not. doesn't matter. they didn't . they shouldn't have seen another pass. 

late in 4th...3rd and 1 and we took it from shogun. needed five yds jsut to get to line of scrimmage. of course OU closed it down.

and finally a tieing field goal missed because the coach was worried about next week.

boys the time has long since past when we could have a stand out season because of 1 or 2 players.  BU was on third string QB and he threw 88 yd TD. briles knew he could.  do you think M&C thought sawyer of kolhausen could do that? the sure didn't play call like they thought we had a chance.

what have they done without the absolute phenom of boykin/doctson.  their starsky and hutch...the sum of the parts equal greatness.

why did meachum run the length of sideline when turpin turned on? because he understood in his reptiliian mind that redemption lay with turpin's TD..all the mistakes would be overlooked.

they say the fish rots from the head first. i appreciate everything every coach has contributed. but we have come too far and invested too much to allow coaching to relegate us to the mid-ranks of the Big12.

fire somebody gary.

This is a joke right?

hindry

look guys .if you want to go back to the MWC were one player can make a season, great. suggest you get a graduate degree at wyoming and enjoy your new alma mater.

play calling was rank amateurish at best and GARY PATERSON said what he said. i assume in saying what he said he meant what he said.

HS recruits watch game film, with their agents! i promise you one more poorly coached season and we lose recruits and the stands are half empty. TCU has no margin of error in the Big 12/CFP era.

BTW...why do we have all those injuries?  do you think coaching or conditioning might play a role? i don't know but it probably no coincidence that we have all these injuries.

Pharm Frog

Frognosticator said:
Posters like the OP are the reason why people hate TCU. Whining, unrealistic, knee-jerk crybaby bullcrap like the above.

I don't know of anyone outside of green-clad, bear-humping, rape-apologists that hate TCU (and a couple of sand-sucking techsters).  But...I don't personally know any of the CFP committee members.  I do know some people who are a tad bit envious but none who hate TCU.  Wish we had more because then I'd know we are a real threat to people.

Frogs1983

I agree that the number of injuries are a big concern. Don't know what can be changed next season to possibly alleviate the problem? Could be just blind bad luck, or could be something from a training/conditioning standpoint contributing to the problem. I hope staff takes a very close look at what is being done, or possibly not being done for next season, and make any corrections possible.

Regarding the Coaching, last night was not their finest moment for sure. Game was there for the taking once Mayfield was held out for the 2nd half.Everyone of course is a hindsight "expert".Didn't agree with going for 2 in first half. Wound up biting them in the arse at the end of the game. HCGP owned up to it after the game as a mistake on his part I believe.I do believe Coaching staff was playing to not lose versus playing to win the first half, and most of the second half . Constant fade pattern calls were absurd , and led to the 3 interceptions by Sawyer. He couldn't make the throw, why keep going back to the well over and over?

I have no problem going for the 2 points at the end of the game. Play was there, OU defender made a great play on it or it works. Not going to second guess HCGP for the call even though I would have preferred to take our chances in OT. OU offense was going nowhere with Knight at QB. Our Defense had been playing lights out most of 2nd half. Kolhausen was hitting passes over the middle finally, as they were non existent the first half.

Who knows, if Kohlhausen starts the game, maybe the Frogs win in it without the 3 interceptions? May be he throws 4 interceptions? Who knows?
Only positive I can take out of this game is there didn't appear to be any additional major injuries, and Frogs showed the CFP morons they can play against a top ten team even when down to their 3rd string QB.

pastorfrog

hindry said:

in his own words..."if we played 3 OTS' we would have lost next week".

well coach if we would have won in OT it would have mattered if we lost next week. now it doesn't matter if we win! and what a (mating between Steel & 2314) defeatest attitude.

this 1 point cost us 10 places in CFP. its that simple. we already had one 4 star recruit bolt after OSU loss. how do  i know that? you guys reported it right here.

4 fades to players who would not fight for the ball. they would not or could not. doesn't matter. they didn't . they shouldn't have seen another pass. 

late in 4th...3rd and 1 and we took it from shogun. needed five yds just to get to line of scrimmage. of course OU closed it down.

what have they done without the absolute phenom of boykin/doctson?  they're starsky and hutch...the sum of the parts equal greatness. they made M&C , not the other way around.

fire somebody gary.
Shut the scheiss up

hindry

assuming gary meant what he said, he seemed to be looking forward to the next game and of course this is contrary to what he has always said. for that matter what every coaches always say.

i make a living reading between the lines and i think that comment was telling. i think OC wrote off the OU game, thinking that Baylor with boykin back and home field advantage would save the perception of the season and their reputation and careers. this time last year M&C could have written their own ticket. their stock has fallen. they know it. 

maybe gary in the loop on their thinking , maybe not.  co-coordinators probably not as loyal to gary as too each other. gary has never been an offensive coach. if he is like most managers, if it succeeds he leaves it alone and he only intercedes if thing go wrong for a while.

someone somewhere in that locker room thinks that way. too much money and status on the line to be niave about any of this.

MadFrog

hindry - whatever Gary's salary is, it is NOT ENOUGH.  I bet you did not live through the 60's. 70's, 80's or 90's. Gary Patterson is great and we owe him a lot. His 2010 and 2014 teams did things us older TCU fans would have never imagined. We would be another SMU is it were not for Gary. 

As far as next week, I worry that the weather and the holiday will take away much of our home field advantage. Will rain keep the season ticket holders at home? Will the students come back early?

cousinjoker

Is OP trolling and trying to sound like Baylor or UT fans? Gary Patterson is the best thing to happen to TCU football since the 1938 national title. Put the bottle down. Take a nap. This, too, shall pass, but I'd rather lose this way than the one Utah stole from us in 2008.