• The KillerFrogs

What we get with UH

asleep003

I may well owe you, and Endless, a humble apology.

I have spent the last week cleaning out my Folks old place (Mom has moved to an "Independent Living" facility, which seems to be stuffed with friends of hers. She is tickled silly at having Bridge games at all hours, good grub, and karaoke!) down in Pearland. I was surprised by the sheer number of UH stickers, yard signs, and other paraphernalia as I drove around and ran various errands. Evidently there is a good deal of support after all. .

Are you saying that the reason UH's physical fan #s are so low that of their real fans, left, are in the local senior living/nursing homes of the greater Houston area .?.

Endless Purple

I may well owe you, and Endless, a humble apology.

I have spent the last week cleaning out my Folks old place (Mom has moved to an "Independent Living" facility, which seems to be stuffed with friends of hers. She is tickled silly at having Bridge games at all hours, good grub, and karaoke!) down in Pearland. I was surprised by the sheer number of UH stickers, yard signs, and other paraphernalia as I drove around and ran various errands. Evidently there is a good deal of support after all.

Gentlemen, I beg your pardons.

Only so long as you don't share this place with my mother. She may want to move in just to get me to do Karaoke.

Endless Purple

Where is UH ranked in the US News and World Report university academics.

In the USNWR, they are about 176ish. In research rankings (not sure what the most recent # is that just came out., they are an R1 research school and making a very hard push for AAU status. For reference TCU is R2 and way way way behind in research dollars spent. PAC and B1G are filled with R1 and AAU schools.

eh0215

Moved to the Houston area a few years ago.

Like most frog fans, I considered this the armpit of texas for years. I've always lived in Texas and looked down upon Houston.

I was wrong. Houston's got a ton of character. Yes UH is in a rough part of town, but west 7th wasnt always nice either, and the East Downtown area of Houston has beem gentrifying quickly. There's tons to do pre and postgame in houston. Lots of breweries and sports bars within walking distance of one another. Houston's BBQ scene has exploded with quality options the last few years. Its international quisine is unmatched in Texas. There's simply no better breakfast in the state of Texas than The Breakfast Klub. That's chicken and waffles done right.

As far as road trips go, it's a quality drivable destination for most frog fans. For myself, its a nice bonus to have a game within 30 minutes.

So quit complaining about UH's addition. I'll see my fellow frogs at thier stadium, and afterwards we can drink cold beers at 8th Wonder brewery and consume some hot chicken sliders or cuban pork flatbread sandwichs from whichever excellent food truck is on site that particular night. Or maybe it will be some beef rib at truth bbq in the heights. Or pit room's brisket in montrose. I could list all the cool places I've found since moving here for awhile, but I'll save it for a visiting frogs guide when the time comes.

ticketfrog123

Like most frog fans, I considered this the armpit of texas for years. I've always lived in Texas and looked down upon Houston.

I was wrong. Houston's got a ton of character. Yes UH is in a rough part of town, but west 7th wasnt always nice either, and the East Downtown area of Houston has beem gentrifying quickly. There's tons to do pre and postgame in houston. Lots of breweries and sports bars within walking distance of one another. Houston's BBQ scene has exploded with quality options the last few years. Its international quisine is unmatched in Texas. There's simply no better breakfast in the state of Texas than The Breakfast Klub. That's chicken and waffles done right.

As far as road trips go, it's a quality drivable destination for most frog fans. For myself, its a nice bonus to have a game within 30 minutes.

So quit complaining about UH's addition. I'll see my fellow frogs at thier stadium, and afterwards we can drink cold beers at 8th Wonder brewery and consume some hot chicken sliders or cuban pork flatbread sandwichs from whichever excellent food truck is on site that particular night. Or maybe it will be some beef rib at truth bbq in the heights. Or pit room's brisket in montrose. I could list all the cool places I've found since moving here for awhile, but I'll save it for a visiting frogs guide when the time comes.

none of the places you listed are anywhere the third ward.

people who go to 8th wonder, hang out in montrose or midtown are not going to a UH football game

Houston's football stadium was formally the Jeppesen High School Stadium. I played

high school
football there in the 1950s. It was built in 1941 and seats 32,000. It has

been updated to some degree. The stadium is near the campus which is located in

Houston's notorious Third Ward. An area widely associated with having the city's

highest rate of crime. Attending night games there could prove somewhat precarious.
This is so inaccurate it's not even funny.

1. We tore down the old stadium almost a decade ago.

2. Both the old and new stadiums was/are directly on our campus

3. Third Ward doesn't have the highest crime rate on the city.

4. I don't think somebody born during World War II and clearly hasnt been to our city in decades should speak on something they clearly know nothing about.

5. I'm pretty sure this seats more than 32k

TDECU_Pano_web.jpg

Last edited:
UH football was the hottest ticket in the city in 2011, 2015 and 2016. Games sold out in minutes.

Its amusing reading the outdated, inaccurate and borderline racist posts in this and other threads about us.

We're coming to the Big 12. Deal with it. Accept it.

Isn't the what city's cuisine is 2nd behind Chicago's and BBQ an off season topic? Should we talk about tim love and hamburgers next?
I guess it is a bye week.

4 Oaks Frog

HOUSTON SUCKS…PERIOD!
If God was giving Texas an enema, he would stick it in Houston…
GO FROGS!
BEAT SCHMU!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Obvious Troll

82613-full.jpg

The whine is strong with you.
You think littlecoog hate is strong here?
The troll hate is an entirely different dimension.
You couldn't work one week in my shoes.

TCUdirtbag

UH football was the hottest ticket in the city in 2011, 2015 and 2016. Games sold out in minutes.

Its amusing reading the outdated, inaccurate and borderline racist posts in this and other threads about us.

Read the thread. Tons of people have corrected the outdated information. You’re not going to win friends by being a dick.

Dogfrog

Word of advice - when you get the order, stop selling. Inviting UH will forever be second guessed, but you are exacerbating it.

Prime BEEF

I’m pretty sure most everyone here has accepted it. But that doesn’t change the fact that UH does have a ton of cons…and yes it does have pros too. Fighting over the cons is OBE. The question now is what will UH’s big 12 record be after their first 3 seasons? Above or below .500?

I for one am looking forward to playing and beating Houston every year.