• The KillerFrogs

What we get with UH

McFroggin

I hit up the UH v Rice game today with friends. I get that it is Rice, but it is a city rivalry like us v SMU. Rice’s stadium seats 47,000 (close to us). Their QB is Christian McCaffrey’s brother. Total in attendance was probably close to 2,000 total. Everyone could have fit between the 40’s in the lower level. I sat 50 yard line 12 rows up from the field and other than my party, no one else sat within arms reach. It isn’t bragging when no one else wants your seats. I drove up and parked 3 rows from the stadium, which shocked me. I tried talking up some UH fans about the Big 12. Men in their 30’s that attended couldn’t name the Big 12 teams. They barely knew they were changing conferences. None were interested in talking about other teams.

I sat on the UH side, so I had limited time with Rice fans. The little interactions I had were all more friendly and wanted to talk about conference changes, TCU, and football in general.

In no way am I saying that the Big 12 should add Rice, but adding UH is like adding a less educated Texas Tech with much fewer fans. I don’t see it.

PurpleBlood87

I hit up the UH v Rice game today with friends. I get that it is Rice, but it is a city rivalry like us v SMU. Rice’s stadium seats 47,000 (close to us). Their QB is Christian McCaffrey’s brother. Total in attendance was probably close to 2,000 total. Everyone could have fit between the 40’s in the lower level. I sat 50 yard line 12 rows up from the field and other than my party, no one else sat within arms reach. It isn’t bragging when no one else wants your seats. I drove up and parked 3 rows from the stadium, which shocked me. I tried talking up some UH fans about the Big 12. Men in their 30’s that attended couldn’t name the Big 12 teams. They barely knew they were changing conferences. None were interested in talking about other teams.

I sat on the UH side, so I had limited time with Rice fans. The little interactions I had were all more friendly and wanted to talk about conference changes, TCU, and football in general.

In no way am I saying that the Big 12 should add Rice, but adding UH is like adding a less educated Texas Tech with much fewer fans. I don’t see it.

Rice Stadium seats 70,000.

Wexahu

There are some who thought the Big 12 should have added Rice instead of Houston.

Endless Purple

What's UH's stadium like?

It is only a few years old. Seats about 40,000 if I remember right, but designed to be expanded easily up to 60,000.

It looks shiny. More modern art piece with bright colors than classic big stadium architecture. It is mostly the aluminum bleachers with steel frame and not really any concrete. Closer to a high school stadium than classic college stadium. Not a bad little stadium though.

I am hoping to get to a game in it later this season.