• The KillerFrogs

What was he thinking?

PTFrog

Of course, I have no idea what Casey was thinking the other night. Not trying to defend him, but maybe the evening began innocently enough. Maybe he just met someone for a beer after practice or something. His previous problems with the law have been with illegal drugs and hopefully he has stayed away from those as he promised.

Alcohol, on the other hand, isn't illegal for Casey if he is 21. Unfortunately Casey drank enough to be intoxicated. Dumb, but simple immaturity seems to cause young people to drink too much. Then they lose their judgement which, at 21, probably isn't that great to begin with. With the impaired judgement Casey broke the law when he attempted to drive in an intoxicated condition. Good judgement needed to be used before the decision to go out for a drink. All of us need to consider logistics if we are going out to do any drinking at all. Generally we adults know this by now. Young people may still be new to the idea, and too many may not think it is a problem. Casey didn't, if he considered it at all.

I am suggesting Casey may not have considered drinking to be connected to his earlier problems with illegal drugs. Nevertheless Casey has to know that he needs to use good judgement in everything he does. He may be just a kid, but his actions can affect a whole university and city in so many ways. The same applies to any prominent athlete. Drugs, alcohol, reckless driving, fights...whatever. It all reflects on the athlete and the school.

I don't know what should be done with Casey now. All your recommendations certainly have their merits. I just wanted to suggest a possible explanation for Casey's actions.

Latest posts