• The KillerFrogs

What to do with 123 players?

Leap Frog

I know we can have 85 scholarship, but what do we do if some of the others surprise?
Some will eliminate themselves, some will be injured and grades may play into the outcome.
Say 10 players look really good and need to play. Do we make room to keep them?
This may be a good problem to have, but don't remember this many on squad before.

Eight

I know we can have 85 scholarship, but what do we do if some of the others surprise?
Some will eliminate themselves, some will be injured and grades may play into the outcome.
Say 10 players look really good and need to play. Do we make room to keep them?
This may be a good problem to have, but don't remember this many on squad before.

if i am not mistaken there is no limit during the season as to the number of players a team may carry on their roster.

thought there was some goofy rule about the number in the off season being limited

CryptoMiner

They cannot have 123 players in fall camp but once school starts they can. Fall camp limited to scholarship players and up to 15 preferred WOs.

Normally just list 120 roster players but there are usually another 15 to 20 non-roster players. 123 would be smaller than normal.

Eight

They cannot have 123 players in fall camp but once school starts they can. Fall camp limited to scholarship players and up to 15 preferred WOs.

Normally just list 120 roster players but there are usually another 15 to 20 non-roster players. 123 would be smaller than normal.

friend tried to explain it to me, but it made no sense which isn't exactly new for some fo the ncaa rules.

seems backwards, but what the heck do i know.

Surfrog

for FALL:
85 Players are allowed on scholarship
105 Players are allowed at Fall Camp.
School Start Roster must be between 125 and 135 per NCAA rules.
Travel roster limited by the conference (Big 12 is 73 I believe). This means 73 players will travel for AWAY Games. All 128 will dress for HOME games.

We currently have 123 on our roster 85 scholarship + 38 walk-ons.
85 scholarship plus 20 walk-on players are invited to fall camp, the other 18 will join the team when school starts. Try-outs will be held then for the remaining slots to get us to the 125-135 window (TCU traditionally aims for 128 I believe).

For SPRING: Same numbers apply.
85 scholarship spots plus an additional 40-50 walk-ons. Walk-ons are accepted in the spring more often to provide bodies as the team is down a class size and the team simply needs numbers for practice. Some of those walk-ons will be invited to stay for summer workouts and keep a spot as one of the 43ish walk-on slots. Most walk-ons last less than a year and quit in the spring if you follow the roster.

Putt4Purple

for FALL:
85 Players are allowed on scholarship
105 Players are allowed at Fall Camp.
School Start Roster must be between 125 and 135 per NCAA rules.
Travel roster limited by the conference (Big 12 is 73 I believe). This means 73 players will travel for AWAY Games. All 128 will dress for HOME games.

We currently have 123 on our roster 85 scholarship + 38 walk-ons.
85 scholarship plus 20 walk-on players are invited to fall camp, the other 18 will join the team when school starts. Try-outs will be held then for the remaining slots to get us to the 125-135 window (TCU traditionally aims for 128 I believe).

For SPRING: Same numbers apply.
85 scholarship spots plus an additional 40-50 walk-ons. Walk-ons are accepted in the spring more often to provide bodies as the team is down a class size and the team simply needs numbers for practice. Some of those walk-ons will be invited to stay for summer workouts and keep a spot as one of the 43ish walk-on slots. Most walk-ons last less than a year and quit in the spring if you follow the roster.

My head is spinning!