• The KillerFrogs

What is up with ESPN FPI?

Go to FPI darling Texas and win. Never behind the whole game. Yet we drop 2 slots to #16??? I get it’s just a formula (and other “predictive” formulas also have us lower) but seems like that would be a result any formula would “like”. It isn’t a part of the committee criteria but it is referenced so much by ESPN and talking heads it matters in terms of perception.

On the positive side we now have the #1 strength of record.

East Coast

Tier 1
Go to FPI darling Texas and win. Never behind the whole game. Yet we drop 2 slots to #16??? I get it’s just a formula (and other “predictive” formulas also have us lower) but seems like that would be a result any formula would “like”. It isn’t a part of the committee criteria but it is referenced so much by ESPN and talking heads it matters in terms of perception.

How can there be only 4 undefeated teams, and one of them have the #1 strength of record after 10 games, and that one be #16?? FPI is just a nonsense formula and is one of the reasons the powers argue you need a committee to choose playoff teams.

TCUWIN

You might be right
No. ESPN is in trouble now. They will be the biggest Baylor fans. They moved TCU to four thinking the evil empire (Texas) would put the Frogs in their place and the committee could say, we did our part. Now they are “STUCK.” All their talking heads said all the Frogs had to do now is win out. Oops…the Frogs are winning out!

ESPN last night....

UnawareMiserableKudu-size_restricted.gif

Eight

anything associated with the mouse network has as much credibility to me as the scheissing gates model

blow my nose at both of these wipers of other people's bottoms

So we dominate one of FPI's darlings, uTerus who was IIRC 6th, and we drop?

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF by Ben L
Several of the Vegas style “predictive” rankings like FPI, sagarin predictor, team rankings predictor have had the Frogs in the double digit ranks for a while. I thought they might respond to this win but not much movement. Bill Conelly’s SP+ gave a boost though to #6 from the low double digits.