• The KillerFrogs

WHAT IS THE TEAM SAYING?

4 Oaks Frog

Anyone have any insight as to how the team is reacting to GMFP being gone?
I bet some are happy, some are pissed and some are bewildered. Are there any ready to jump ship? Who are they? This move affects all of us, but think what it must be doing to those kids…
GO FROGS!

BEAT baylor!
Spit Blood ~~<|~and fornicate baylor!!

4 Oaks Frog

There seems to be a lack of leadership within the team…at least they act like it.
It looks as if Zach is trying to assume that roll, but it is hard to tell. A great number of the young fellows came here to play for HCGMFP. Now that he is no longer, what might be their plans for their career? It is so simple for the guys to make a move to another team where they think they can advance their chances for the NFL, and to collect more now legal money from a booster. They are smart, but impressionable.
They can be influenced. And, you know there are a lot of outside folks playing on their emotions. Parents, friends, bagmen all are at play here. We damn well better having the Anti-Poaching protocol up and running right now, because the buzzards are circling. First one to land get the good parts…
GO FROGS!
BEAT baylor!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Wexahu

They are probably mostly sad and disappointed. As much as we see hatred as fans on here, those players committed to TCU and that means they were willing to play for Patterson.
This is what doesn't make sense to me, if this is indeed the case.

They quit on GP. They played with no emotion and as if they could barely care out there. And now they are going to be sad and disappointed that he's no longer their coach? If you want him to be your coach, play like it means something to you.

4th. down

They quit on GP. They played with no emotion and as if they could barely care out there. And now they are going to be sad and disappointed that he's no longer their coach? If you want him to be your coach, play like it means something to you.
Totally agree....makes you wonder about these kids now, big, big, change since GP began his trek with us.

4 Oaks Frog

My biggest fear on all of this is that TCU isn't out front on the NIL issue.. I think they may be but I'm fearful they're not..
There was a post from TCU on one of the threads here just a day or two ago that showed TCU well out front on the NIL issue. It showed that every player on the team had at least 1 NIL deal. Plus, it showed TCU well ahead of everyone else in the Big12 on $ amount per deal on average. It was like $500+ TCU average against less than $400 average for rest of B12. They just might know what they are doing…
GO FROGS!
BEAT baylor!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Strat Frog

I feel for the players and recruits because change can be difficult, but if they just hang on for a few weeks and have patience and a little faith in TCU, then they’ll be rewarded and excited about the direction we’re going to be heading. Go Frogs!

Moose Stuff

I don’t think they quit on GP.

westoverhillbilly

There was a post from TCU on one of the threads here just a day or two ago that showed TCU well out front on the NIL issue. It showed that every player on the team had at least 1 NIL deal. Plus, it showed TCU well ahead of everyone else in the Big12 on $ amount per deal on average. It was like $500+ TCU average against less than $400 average for rest of B12. They just might know what they are doing…

Thanks 4 Oaks.. This is comforting to know.. At the NIL conference at TCU on Sept 15, there were alot of influencers in attendance along with what sounded like a quite solid plan from the leaders at Neely.. TCU certainly has the potential to play well in this space and it's comforting to know it's coming to fruition.. This will very well play a big role on who is interested in coaching here..

Moose Stuff

Then what did they quit on? Because what I saw on Saturday (and most of this season tbh) has been a whole lot of not caring about competing too much. One of the players even said that they were unprepared and didn't care.

Quit on the assistants I guess?
Team I’ve watched has played pretty hard. They aren’t good and they’re poorly coached. I’m sure there are certain players that have given less than full effort but as whole I haven’t seen it as a big issue. Not gonna put a whole lot of stock in what one kid said on Instagram at 1 AM.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
What is the team saying?

I have it on good authority that the team is saying "the" very frequently in conversations amongst themselves. I'm afraid they may also be using words like "I", "we" and "and". We should panic immediately

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Team I’ve watched has played pretty hard. They aren’t good and they’re poorly coached. I’m sure there are certain players that have given less than full effort but as whole I haven’t seen it as a big issue. Not gonna put a whole lot of stock in what one kid said on Instagram at 1 AM.
Yep. Effort, but not well directed effort. Energy, but easily demoralized.

2themax

Outside influences (meaning beyond the locker room) can and will cause damage.
I would imagine the coaching staff is focusing on a circle the wagons mantra.
The degree of that damage will come immediately after the season is over.
Gotta be portal ready.

tcudoc

A defensive back conversation was overheard:
CB: I may not be doing so well, but just remember, Jason Verrett had a couple of bad seasons before he became an all American cornerback.
Teammate: Verrett had one bad game against Baylor. You’re occupying space on the other team’s highlight reel all danged season.
CB: Oh snap.

JAB331

The only indication we have is what Kill said, and I wouldn't consider him objective given his relationship with Gary. Zach removed TCU from his twitter profile before the Gary decision, and then added it back. If I'm advising him, I'm saying, "make sure people don't think your actions had anything to do with this", even though IMO it clearly did.

If I'm the team, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach, and frankly I'm a little optimistic if I'm on the offensive side of the ball.