• The KillerFrogs

What happened to Jim Christian

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Canisius hires former Boston College coach Jim Christian to take over men's basketball program

www.msn.com.ico
ESPN on MSN.com|11 hours ago

BB1lhQ2v.img

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Canisius University hired former Boston College coach Jim Christian to take over its men's basketball program on Monday.

The 59-year-old Christian joins the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference program after spending the past two seasons as an assistant at Kent State. In 2022-23, the Golden Flashes won 28 games and the Mid-American Conference tournament title to earn an automatic berth in the NCAA tournament.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...red-to-take-over-canisius-program/ar-BB1lhWr2

LVH

Great Xs and Os coach but couldn't recruit. I was involved with the program in a capacity when he was coach and he was brilliant when it came to scheming. But there is a reason he had to fill his roster out with random european players.

Boomhauer

Nice guy, but he just didn't fit in here.

Right after he was announced as the hire I bumped into him at a baseball game. Thanked him for coming to TCU and told him how excited we were to have him there. To be honest, he just didn’t seem to reciprocate that same excitement and was very uninspiring in person. Back then, I remember thinking I just caught him at a bad time or something.

zfrawg

Right after he was announced as the hire I bumped into him at a baseball game. Thanked him for coming to TCU and told him how excited we were to have him there. To be honest, he just didn’t seem to reciprocate that same excitement and was very uninspiring in person. Back then, I remember thinking I just caught him at a bad time or something.
Had a friend who worked as an elite level AAU coach back in the day. I was told that neither Christian nor Johnson believed they could recruit to TCU so didn't even try it put in the effort to build the relationships needed to be successful in recruiting the AAU circuit. Despite our "limited" success now, that attitude changed with Dixon.

That said both that guys seemed to be very good people for what that's worth.

Rose Bowl

You mean Generalisimo Francisco Franco wasn’t available. Caniisius couldn’t find someone who is less of an ahole and a better coach?

It’s their funeral.

Rose Bowl

Great Xs and Os coach but couldn't recruit. I was involved with the program in a capacity when he was coach and he was brilliant when it came to scheming. But there is a reason he had to fill his roster out with random european players.
He is a lousy coach and even worse recruiter. Word is he rubbed every top HS coach the wrong way with his arrogance.