• The KillerFrogs

What happened to "Eight"

The TCU Football Jerk

I've met several younguns who are curious about old things like the things you mentioned. They might be distracted by youtube, and video games, but they know there was a whole different world before the internet, and sweeping generalizations like this is a poor way to promote their curiosity further...

Yeah, I'm sure that post is stopping them. If it does, things are much worse than I thought.

Spike

I've met several younguns who are curious about old things like the things you mentioned. They might be distracted by youtube, and video games, but they know there was a whole different world before the internet, and sweeping generalizations like this is a poor way to promote their curiosity further...
I know you can't keep up with all of my cinnamon psychos, but this was the one you met a few years ago at the hospital. She was actually significantly older than me, which made her attitude even more odd. I love the old black n white movies. Casablanca is the greatest movie ever.

So we were visiting my step dad and he was watching Bogart's Dark Passage, one of the all time classics. I've probably seen it 20 times or more. I am so hungry I'm seeing spots but I could barely pry her away from the TV, she's like what is going to happen next? I was like, so who was right about the old school classics?

The current one has a much better appreciation of what is good, not to mention was a willing convert to the Purple.

The TCU Football Jerk

Behind every post is a life attitude. Those tend to slip out in other places too

And even if I'm vocal in life about such topics, my post stands. If young folks are so fragile these days that they won't look back to the past because of my comments, whether out loud or posted on a board, what does that say about them? It would be scary if we've raised hot house flowers that get discouraged or quit over remarks that border on inane.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
And even if I'm vocal in life about such topics, my post stands. If young folks are so fragile these days that they won't look back to the past because of my comments, whether out loud or posted on a board, what does that say about them? It would be scary if we've raised hot house flowers that get discouraged or quit over remarks that border on inane.
This is what I'm talking about. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you wouldn't know how young people feel about much, as they if they are speaking with you, they are only speaking shallowly, assuming you do indeed make these types of thoughts overtly known.

It's not about one post or one statement to them. They have seen the attitude you have displayed here, en masse from many people of late, and their response is "whatever bro". I don't care how you feel really either. Just popping in to say: underestimate the youth if you want, but I believe you'll be proven wrong.

RufeBruton

Generally, I ‘speak’ to youngsters by handing them my thoughts in cursive using as much 60s slang as my 73 year old brain can remember.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Nada mucho, Q. Que tal?
cat-thumbs-up.gif

The TCU Football Jerk

This is what I'm talking about. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you wouldn't know how young people feel about much, as they if they are speaking with you, they are only speaking shallowly, assuming you do indeed make these types of thoughts overtly known.

It's not about one post or one statement to them. They have seen the attitude you have displayed here, en masse from many people of late, and their response is "whatever bro". I don't care how you feel really either. Just popping in to say: underestimate the youth if you want, but I believe you'll be proven wrong.

I have kids in this age group genius. I'm around 18-22 year olds. Whether sporting events, their school activities or otherwise. And again, the problem isn't my comments. Its the limp wrist culture that has developed around youth and you are a prime example. Thanks for proving my point.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I have kids in this age group genius. I'm around 18-22 year olds. Whether sporting events, their school activities or otherwise. And again, the problem isn't my comments. Its the limp wrist culture that has developed around youth and you are a prime example. Thanks for proving my point.
That's hilarious