• The KillerFrogs

What do you want to bet, Casey has a good game

Screaming Flea

and at the end of the first couple of series everyone relaxes a little. The concern over the off line will still be with us for a while longer.

GoFrogs

revfrog

I know the O-line is the issue we keep hearing about, but when push comes to shove, haven't they been practicing against the best defense in the country? I'm not worried. Who wouldn't look less than perfect under those conditions?

I can't wait to see what they do tonight.

TCURiggs

I know the O-line is the issue we keep hearing about, but when push comes to shove, haven't they been practicing against the best defense in the country? I'm not worried. Who wouldn't look less than perfect under those conditions?

I can't wait to see what they do tonight.

That's my thinking as well. We lost a lot of talent off the o-line and I definitely don't expect them to be as good as last year, but that's just fine. There's still plenty of talent and they get reps against one of the best D's in the country. They're going to do well, especially against that awful thing of a defense that Baylor has.

FROGDADDY

and at the end of the first couple of series everyone relaxes a little. The concern over the off line will still be with us for a while longer.

GoFrogs

I don't see your two sentences as meshing very well. If we come out of this game concerned about the OL then there's a good chance that Casey didn't have a good game. Not too many first year starters thrive in the opener if they don't have time to throw.

jake102

I'm going with a conservative game for Pachall. I think he will throw one interception... and one touchdown. and run for another TD. Keep the game in check and show the value of having tats.

Frog Attack II

I think that everyone will be shocked by the athletic difference between Andy & CP... not that it translates into more W's or L's as that is determined more about managing the game, making the right reads, & leadership.

Speaking of managing the game, our offense doesn't really require the QB to drop back into the pocket & sit there for 3 seconds... it's usually quick read stuff.

If I'm Baylor, I get real tight on our WR's, take away some of the quick reads, & hope that I can get to CP before our WR's blow by them...

Also, for all of the OL talk, I've re-watched a lot of our games from last year... Frye, Olson, Foltz, and obviously Dooley are still pretty darn good. There was lots of playing time for those guys plus a few others.

HFrog1999

It probably depends on what Baylor decides to do on defense. If they go after Pachall, we'll stick to the running game. If they try to take away the run, I think we'll see a really good game from Pachall. I think some are underestimating him.

jake102

Dooley and Olson should control the left side. Dooley is a beast. And you're right, those other guys did play a lot last year and did very well. Deck is the HUGE wildcard.

FROGDADDY

I'm going with a conservative game for Pachall. I think he will throw one interception... and one touchdown. and run for another TD. Keep the game in check and show the value of having tats.

You can't underestimate the value of his tats in this game. I'm thinking there will be quite a few Baylor people so offended by them that they are forced to leave the stadium. Should eliminate any home field advantage they're hoping for.

FROGDADDY

Dooley and Olson should control the left side. Dooley is a beast. And you're right, those other guys did play a lot last year and did very well. Deck is the HUGE wildcard.

I keep thinking the same thing about Deck, but if he's beaten out Horn (who everyone tells me is pretty good) then doesn't that mean that Deck must be pretty good too??? I guess I'd be less nervous of he was 315 instead of 275. What the hell do I know?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
You can't underestimate the value of his tats in this game. I'm thinking there will be quite a few Baylor people so offended by them that they are forced to leave the stadium. Should eliminate any home field advantage they're hoping for.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

jake102

I keep thinking the same thing about Deck, but if he's beaten out Horn (who everyone tells me is pretty good) then doesn't that mean that Deck must be pretty good too??? I guess I'd be less nervous of he was 315 instead of 275. What the hell do I know?

I'm definitely guilty of looking at that 275 and assuming the worst... I'm not sure. I guess that's why it is a wildcard for me. It appears that he must be really good (probably good technique) but we've never seen this guy do anything or really know anything about him.

TCURiggs

I think his size is what makes a lot of us (me included) scratch our heads. Like you said though, if he beat out Horn then I'm sure he's plenty capable. Guess we'll find out tonight.