• The KillerFrogs

What conf are these officials from? NM

geno

I don't know where they're from, but it was the gentleman on the west sidelines, the gentleman with the dark skin (just to identify him) who called both phantom pass interference calls, It was the same gentleman with the dark skin (just to identify him) who standing 20 feet away couldn't see the fair catch call that 30,000 people in the stands, and all the other officials saw. He must, by all means, be a Methodist.

Dogfrog

Just don't remember as many key, major, ticky tacky questionable calls in critical situations go against one team ever. Just incredible.

Toadster

The offiiciating was terrible. I am not saying it cost us the game but those officials should be embarressed about their performance today.

Dogfrog

CUSA ...and according to the radio announcers they've never shown is any love.

Should have guessed. I don't ever complain about officiating and I'm not even sure the officiating made a difference in the outcome, but there just seemed to be a clear bias out there today for some reason. Pretty discouraging and p's me off actually.

nick

I would bet conf usa. It was the back judge that made two phantom interference calls in the first qtr. One of them he was25 yards away and did not have a straight on view. The side ref was right in front of the play and did not call IF. The back judge also did not throw a flag for running with the ball after signaling for a fair catch and that is the back judges call. an official from down the field had to come running up to correct the BJ. Even a friend from smu said the back judge was awful. He sure put us in a hole early. But we had poor play in the def secondary also.

Spike

Hate to complain about officiating when we still could have won if we'd made the plays.

Bias or not they looked absolutely lost at times. The issue right before half was an absolute debacle. There also looked like a pass int call that was not called, looked like it would have been about 2-3 yards difference, but clock cannot end on def penalty.

Also, how was that not PI on our 2 point play? Looked like their guy pushed our TE from behind and kept him from making a play on the ball. Were they saying uncatchable ball?

funkyfrog

I was sitting in the South Endzone when the official threw the pass interference call when Verrett made the interception on the first drive. He literally threw the flag AFTER Verrett made the interception and he wasn't even a foot within the SMU player. It was THE WORST call I have ever seen. If you are going to make that call throw the flag when you see the contact. Don't wait til after a play occurred.

I really think those calls they made tonight had an effect on our momentum. We would have had a INT and the ball after their first posession instead of 7 on the board.

Cougar/Frog

I was sitting in the South Endzone when the official threw the pass interference call when Verrett made the interception on the first drive. He literally threw the flag AFTER Verrett made the interception and he wasn't even a foot within the SMU player. It was THE WORST call I have ever seen. If you are going to make that call throw the flag when you see the contact. Don't wait til after a play occurred.

I really think those calls they made tonight had an effect on our momentum. We would have had a INT and the ball after their first posession instead of 7 on the board.

The receiver had gone out of bounds, which is why Verrett was so open for the INT (not because he did some PI)....

It definitely looked like that official had some money on the game....