• The KillerFrogs

WFAA: TCU says 69 students, 1 staff member have tested positive for COVID-19

Casey T

TCU sent an email that they are at 42% capacity for isolation beds. That’s the big problem. Hopefully starting next week kids that are using them, come out of isolation to free up bed space.

This is going to be the big spike and don’t know if supply will meet demand at the top.

Why can't students isolate in their rooms if they run out of these isolation beds? Honest question, that does not seem like an issue at all to me

robbroyy

bingo, if you are asymptomatic or have minimal symptions why would you need a bed in the isolation area?
For those who have private rooms they can “isolate in place,” and use a different bathroom. But if you share a room and with someone and communal bathroom then they’re pulling them out.

Eight

For those who have private rooms they can “isolate in place,” and use a different bathroom. But if you share a room and with someone and communal bathroom then they’re pulling them out.

thanks for the info and it would seem the real question is not the number of beds, but the number of students on campus who share space versus those with a private room?

when i went to tcu you had 2 or more to a room, but when our daughter spent time at a couple of summer camps she had her own room in a split suite set up

BearlyAFrog

I guess its not odd that in a thread dedicated to the narrative that Covid is a statistically harmless inconvenience no one wants to address the fact that its taken the life of one of their educators. Too busy figuring out how many kids were in the dorm rooms back in '87.

It also doesn't help that the university kept the information from faculty and staff for over a week.

Everything is fine here...

Moose Stuff

I guess its not odd that in a thread dedicated to the narrative that Covid is a statistically harmless inconvenience no one wants to address the fact that its taken the life of one of their educators. Too busy figuring out how many kids were in the dorm rooms back in '87.

It also doesn't help that the university kept the information from faculty and staff for over a week.

Everything is fine here...

SMH.... I will never understand you and others that are more worried about dying than you are about LIVING. People are gonna die. We can either cower in fear in the safety of our homes or we can go out and live the most normal lives we possibly can. It's really an unbelievably easy choice for me.

HFrog1999

SMH.... I will never understand you and others that are more worried about dying than you are about LIVING. People are gonna die. We can either cower in fear in the safety of our homes or we can go out and live the most normal lives we possibly can. It's really an unbelievably easy choice for me.

But people are dying

https://whnt.com/news/report-university-of-alabama-professor-dies-after-contracting-flu/

Report: University of Alabama professor dies after contracting

BearlyAFrog

I guess I'm just part of the majority that doesn't understand how wearing a mask in public and using some hand sanitizer equates to living in fear.

CountryFrog

I guess I'm just part of the majority that doesn't understand how wearing a mask in public and using some hand sanitizer equates to living in fear.
Great contributions across the board. Bravo. You've really showed all of us non mask wearing non hand washing science deniers the way to live properly. I know I haven't come in contact with soap since February but I'll start living correctly now.

Covid is certainly a much larger concern than say serial rapists being allowed to roam campus unchecked.

BearlyAFrog

Great contributions across the board. Bravo. You've really showed all of us non mask wearing non hand washing science deniers the way to live properly. I know I haven't come in contact with soap since February but I'll start living correctly now.

Covid is certainly a much larger concern than say serial rapists being allowed to roam campus unchecked.

Well, sarcasm aside, I'd say yes, it is a much larger concern than serial campus rapists.

BearlyAFrog

Moose certainly doesn’t need my help, but he’s not talking about wearing masks. He’s talking about isolation.

I'm not sure I know anyone who is in actual isolation.

Its unseemly to me to hear people bemoan their miseries because they can't eat inside at Joe T's, or hang out at the bar to watch sports, or have to be around their own kids all day while we have previous generations that dealt with forced conscription, world wars, and pandemics that killed millions. We talk about the millenials being soft...

The main issue I have with this thread is not the difference of opinions, it's the _ posts there are about the lack of serious sicknesses, lack of hospitalizations, overzealous panic inducing reports, all the while one of your own has died due to the very serious disease that is being dismissed. There's a narrative that's being presented. Unfortunately here, like the country at large, the facts are being changed to support the narrative instead of the narrative being changed to support the facts.

Moose Stuff

I'm not sure I know anyone who is in actual isolation.

Its unseemly to me to hear people bemoan their miseries because they can't eat inside at Joe T's, or hang out at the bar to watch sports, or have to be around their own kids all day while we have previous generations that dealt with forced conscription, world wars, and pandemics that killed millions. We talk about the millenials being soft...

The main issue I have with this thread is not the difference of opinions, it's the _ posts there are about the lack of serious sicknesses, lack of hospitalizations, overzealous panic inducing reports, all the while one of your own has died due to the very serious disease that is being dismissed. There's a narrative that's being presented. Unfortunately here, like the country at large, the facts are being changed to support the narrative instead of the narrative being changed to support the facts.

What a scheissing beating. You do what you need to do man but GTFOH with ridiculing me or anyone else for living their lives. People die, that's just how it goes.

Last edited: