• The KillerFrogs

WFAA SPORTS - Bingo!

KTown Frog

First day back at work today and outside of one person, everyone has been complimentary of the Frogs and saying that Georgia was on a different level Monday. We did what we had to do to get the the game and that is that. Regardless of what happened Monday, the committee got it right, just look at the semifinal games and ratings.

One friend made a point that I didn't think about. In the 8 years of the CFP, there has not been 3 quality games in one playoff season. There has been at least one blowout (usually the semifinal). So this season, in staying with that theme, you had 2 great semifinal games and a blowout in the National championship. Not that it makes me feel better.

StinnettFrog

The Georgia folks I encountered were all very nice. I think most of them almost felt bad about how out of hand it got. TCU had a phenomenal season, the ending was more like hitting the wall head on in a nascar race. In about a month most of the team will be able to process this and feel good about what they accomplished. I'm proud as hell of their efforts, just wish they could have ended on a better note. Go Frogs

Palliative Care

I was unpacking it all today with my wife who did not go to the game. I began to realize that I was talking about everything but the game itself. Initially I was rather morose after leaving the stadium but now I see what an experience it really was. Yes I am sad that we played so poorly. But I gave the team all the support this year that I could. I loved the Michigan game and I was glad I went to the championship game. I wish I could have experienced a win as of course so do we all. But I will hold my head high and yes we did this! And no one can take that from us. We are TCU (frogs)! Great year thanks so very much team and coaches.

frogfan72

I was unpacking it all today with my wife who did not go to the game. I began to realize that I was talking about everything but the game itself. Initially I was rather morose after leaving the stadium but now I see what an experience it really was. Yes I am sad that we played so poorly. But I gave the team all the support this year that I could. I loved the Michigan game and I was glad I went to the championship game. I wish I could have experienced a win as of course so do we all. But I will hold my head high and yes we did this! And no one can take that from us. We are TCU (frogs)! Great year thanks so very much team and coaches.
It's all about the ride and seeing the guys you follow and care about fight. We all want to win, but don't miss the experience along the way.

It's all about the ride and seeing the guys you follow and care about fight. We all want to win, but don't miss the experience along the way.
Before I left for the game, I figured this was a long-shot to win, so I told myself I wasn't going to let this be a 2009 Fiesta Bowl experience, where I flew home and sulked for a few weeks. Then I put all the gear I bought in the closet and didn't take it out for a few years. That was a hell of an experience being there for the CFP championship.

I'm wearing the pullover today that I bought in LA, and I don't give a rip what any Baylor, aTm, Tech or UT fan says. They were all sitting at home on Monday night wondering how they could get where we did.

Last edited:

zfrawg

I'm a middle school AP and had a few "what happened" comments from students and a couple kids giving me a hard time, but it was all in good fun. I had an Aggie, Bear and Raider who tried to give me grief but I shot them down quickly...

All things considered I was surprised at how easy they went on me after my TCU trivia at lunch last week.

Frog79

Maybe I should be more upset about the beatdown that we experienced in LA but it was an amazing experience that I got to share with my daughter. I waited 50 years to see us play for a national title and we came up short but so what. I will forever cherish this season. Thank you football players and coaches for such a great season and great memories.

LVH

Before I left for the game, I figured this was a long-shot to win, so I told myself I wasn't going to let this be a 2009 Fiesta Bowl experience, where I flew home and sulked for a few weeks. Then I put all the gear I bought in the closet and didn't take it out for a few years. That was a hell of an experience being there for the CFP championship.

I'm wearing the pullover today that I bought in LA, and I don't give a rip what any Baylor, aTm, Tech or UT fan says. They were all sitting at home on Monday night wondering how they could get where we did.
I had very very low expectations as well, to the point when everyone who asked me my thoughts on the game beforehand, I just said that beating Michigan was all I really cared about and the game against Georgia is house money and whatever happens happens.

I didn't expect to lose by 58 points, but I knew deep down having a competitive game let alone winning was going to be a reach. So when everyone else I was watching the game with was dumbfounded, even before it truly got out of hand, I was grounded and not surprised at all.

BleedNPurple

Ditto here brother. Fiesta Bowl was a bummer but Rose Bowl cured that. Turn the page and we have a bright 2023 season ahead. Think about this - we had month to prepare for Michigan. We didn’t know if we would be playing Ohio State or Georgia. If we were in the SEC where you play Georgia every year you recruit differently and you have plenty of prep time in the off season with them on your radar.

Next time - next time is going to be much different and better. We’re ready and 2023 is going to be awesome. The future is bright and looking forward. This was an amazing season - we’ve only just begun.

nrhfrog

I always put my TCU flag up on game day. If we win, I leave it up for a day. If we lose, I whine and complain and take it down the next day or that evening. This time....I'm letting it fly for the whole dang week. Yes, the debacle on Monday night pissed me off and embarrassed the heck out of me.
However, I have to look at the season as a whole. Before this season started, I would have been thrilled with a winning record and a small bowl victory to just show us that the ship was no longer sinking after the last 3 years of misery. Instead, we had a season unlike anything this old timer can ever remember. I'm going to let my flag fly and I'm going to wear TCU gear every day until I get tired of it....which will not be for a long time. I'm so proud of our team and how they worked and fought all year. #2 in the nation? Yep....dang right I'll take it.

Relic

I have purple TCU address markers painted on my curbs. The guy who paints them for me each year came by the day after the game while I was out in the yard. I had noticed they were looking ragged and really needed freshening-up. He asked if I wanted them touched-up and I said sure, why not? He said he figured he wouldn't sell a TCU address all day.