• The KillerFrogs

West Side 300 Seat Question

ticketfrog123

Curious if anyone knows anybody or would be willing to divulge how many frog points one needs to get seats in the 300s. Thinking 304-309 area.

Would appreciate a DM if some are more comfortable with that .

tcumaniac

What you need is for someone above you to drop the seats before it is your turn to pick. This could happen at any range of priority points.

Yeah. This is pretty true. You can have all the points in the world, but you can't have seats unless someone else gives them up.

ticketfrog123

Yeah. This is pretty true. You can have all the points in the world, but you can't have seats unless someone else gives them up.

Have you been trying to move into the 300 section for a few years? It looked like there were some available but I think they were gone last year a day or two before you selected. I made a thread last year with PP ranking and which days everyone went.

Frog-in-law1995

We’re 309, row 1. It takes about eleventy billion points. Roughly, more or less. Actually, I have no idea. My wife and MIL do all that stuff. I just write checks occasionally. We had the option of club seats when first choosing a few years ago, but paying less for front row seats seemed appealing with a kid (who now doesn’t want to go to games). Anyway, I love our seats and boot whisky is free.

Except I don’t ever bring alcohol into the stadium, ever. How dumb would it be for me to admit to doing that in the same post where I give my seat number? See? I’m not that stupid, so that’s proof I don’t sneak in whisky.

Jet Set Frog

We’re 309, row 1. It takes about eleventy billion points. Roughly, more or less. Actually, I have no idea. My wife and MIL do all that stuff. I just write checks occasionally. We had the option of club seats when first choosing a few years ago, but paying less for front row seats seemed appealing with a kid (who now doesn’t want to go to games). Anyway, I love our seats and boot whisky is free.

Except I don’t ever bring alcohol into the stadium, ever. How dumb would it be for me to admit to doing that in the same post where I give my seat number? See? I’m not that stupid, so that’s proof I don’t sneak in whisky.

Mmmmmmmmmm.............whiskey..............

tcumaniac

Have you been trying to move into the 300 section for a few years? It looked like there were some available but I think they were gone last year a day or two before you selected. I made a thread last year with PP ranking and which days everyone went.

I have 2 west side seats in 301 that I got to appease my wife for miserably hot days. Otherwise I typically sell them thru the tcu ticket exchange. That was the best available when my time came the last go around. Some did become available, just were snatched up by the time it was my turn.

cdsfrog

Do you mean 304-308? 303 an 309 are not chairback.

You can get into sections outside of 304-308 with a few hundred points if lucky. Ive had 2 306 seats since the realignment, always wanting to move the other 4 from 303 into it.

Im expecting never to get any more westside chairback and I have about 550 points. Id guess 700+

Maybe less if you only need 2.

ticketfrog123

Do you mean 304-308? 303 an 309 are not chairback.

You can get into sections outside of 304-308 with a few hundred points if lucky. Ive had 2 306 seats since the realignment, always wanting to move the other 4 from 303 into it.

Im expecting never to get any more westside chairback and I have about 550 points. Id guess 700+

Maybe less if you only need 2.

Well both, was curious to see how large the point gap was b/w the seat backs and the bench boys (the haves and the have nots, if you will).

Very helpful response, although a bit frustrating for me.

I guess I never fully understood the +4 issue until your post. Saved me quite a bit of donation money (that will now go to academics at a later date) that seems to not truly move the needle.

Any word if the AD will start releasing tickets from chronic StubHub sellers? Noticed my account tracks when I sold a couple last year, although not sure how new that is.

ftwfrog

I have 2 west side seats in 301 that I got to appease my wife for miserably hot days. Otherwise I typically sell them thru the tcu ticket exchange.
200w.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I have 2 west side seats in 301 that I got to appease my wife for miserably hot days. Otherwise I typically sell them thru the tcu ticket exchange. That was the best available when my time came the last go around. Some did become available, just were snatched up by the time it was my turn.
Wait, you have more tickets than you need? And you sell them? Isn't this the thing you hate most?

cdsfrog

Well both, was curious to see how large the point gap was b/w the seat backs and the bench boys (the haves and the have nots, if you will).

Very helpful response, although a bit frustrating for me.

I guess I never fully understood the +4 issue until your post. Saved me quite a bit of donation money (that will now go to academics at a later date) that seems to not truly move the needle.

Any word if the AD will start releasing tickets from chronic StubHub sellers? Noticed my account tracks when I sold a couple last year, although not sure how new that is.

Honestly I doubt that happens. TCU gets a cut from stubhub. Plus its a dangerous game with attendance and support.

I'm hoping to get in on east side club but I wont be going to many games. Moving to east coast this year so probably just 3 a year. It is frustrating that the majority of 100/300 chairbacks are held by club seat owners who got to keep those seats and get extra seats on top. But there is nothing we can do about it now. Hope you get great seats. Maniac got lucky as hell, maybe you will too.