• The KillerFrogs

Wes

LVfrog

I have a problem sir, I can't remember my info for logging on. I stay logged in on my IPhone but while tuning up my home PC I got logged out. If you or someone could PM me with what I need to do to get on at home I would be much obliged. I feel like a big old dummy (heavy on the old) but I would like to be able to post from home, love that 27" monitor.

Thanks in advance
allinfrog

jake102

I can reset it for you. I'll just need your Social Security Number, a credit card number, and you will need to forward all social security checks to me. I'll never see one of those in my life with my name on it.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I have a problem sir, I can't remember my info for logging on. I stay logged in on my IPhone but while tuning up my home PC I got logged out. If you or someone could PM me with what I need to do to get on at home I would be much obliged. I feel like a big old dummy (heavy on the old) but I would like to be able to post from home, love that 27" monitor.

Thanks in advance
allinfrog

Typically the log in is your board handle and the e-mail account you used to register.

jake102

Sad, but likely true. At least you are aware on the front end and haven't spent 40 years paying into a bankrupt system, so you have that going for you, which is nice.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to be paying into a bankrupt system for the next 40 years just because I know on the front end. Funny how Social Security is basically a Ponzi scheme.

HG73

That doesn't mean I'm not going to be paying into a bankrupt system for the next 40 years just because I know on the front end. Funny how Social Security is basically a Ponzi scheme.

No problem, just get yourself a government job (or become a congressman). They don't pay social security, they have their own retirement program. When you quit your government job they write you a check for the balance of your account. Honest.

ShivasFrog

True, but at least you'll know ahead of time and can plan accordingly.

My guess is SS and Medicare will be means-tested, so if you work hard and make a good living you'll not qualify for SS and have to pay retail for your health insurance. Just a little something to brighten your day.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

Thanks in advance
allinfrog

Not a problem but at the moment I am about to board a plane back to DFW.

Let me get back in front of my computer and I'll take care of you

FrogAbroad

For Firefox users there's a way to add information to your bookmarked web pages.
  1. Left-click on "Bookmarks"
  2. Pick (with your cursor) the page you want to annotate
  3. Right-click and select "Properties" and a rectangular box will open
  4. In the "Description" pane type something to remind you of your password, or your password itself, if you want
  5. Click "Save" when you're done
In future if you forget your password it's right there in the "Description" field, just follow steps 1-3 to read it.

Naturally this is not something you'd do on a shared computer, nor would I recommend you do it with your bank's web page. After all, anyone could do the same thing and read what you've put in the Description field.

rM3panno

No problem, just get yourself a government job (or become a congressman). They don't pay social security, they have their own retirement program. When you quit your government job they write you a check for the balance of your account. Honest.

WRONG. Federal workers and congressmen/women do pay into social security and are eligible for SS benefits. Federal employees also pay into the FERS pension system and are eligible for a defined benefit based on years of service, salary, and age at retirement. Lastly, Federal employees are eligible to contribute to the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a variation on a 401(k). State employees on the other hand typically do not pay into SS and are not eligible for any SS benefits. This is the same for public school teachers since they are technically under the purview of the state education board. State employees pay into their state employees' retirement fund. This is a defined benefit plan based on years of service, salary, and age at retirement in the State of Texas.

PS, I'm a Federal employee and my wife is a public school teacher so I know the in's and out's pretty well.

jake102

My guess is SS and Medicare will be means-tested, so if you work hard and make a good living you'll not qualify for SS and have to pay retail for your health insurance. Just a little something to brighten your day.

Wait, wouldn't that give me less incentive to work hard?

Or, would it give me incentive to work harder to keep the same income?

The income vs substitution effect at its best.

57Frog

WRONG. Federal workers and congressmen/women do pay into social security and are eligible for SS benefits. Federal employees also pay into the FERS pension system and are eligible for a defined benefit based on years of service, salary, and age at retirement. Lastly, Federal employees are eligible to contribute to the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a variation on a 401(k). State employees on the other hand typically do not pay into SS and are not eligible for any SS benefits. This is the same for public school teachers since they are technically under the purview of the state education board. State employees pay into their state employees' retirement fund. This is a defined benefit plan based on years of service, salary, and age at retirement in the State of Texas.

PS, I'm a Federal employee and my wife is a public school teacher so I know the in's and out's pretty well.
Are you telling me that our congressmen and senators draw only social security retirement ?
I suspect if that were so they never would have stolen from it or would fix it in about 3 months .

rM3panno

Are you telling me that our congressmen and senators draw only social security retirement ?
I suspect if that were so they never would have stolen from it or would fix it in about 3 months .

I'm not saying that at all, they draw from FERS pensions as well but they contribute at a higher rate than the average Federal employee. I'm not going to comment on the amount of contributions since that topic is easily a contentious debate subject.

Tthey have FERS pension and SS. Plus, how many senators/congressmen/women do you know of that don't have or make a decent amount of money before or after their terms?