• The KillerFrogs

Week 7 – Other Games Open Thread (w/ schedule)

TCUdirtbag

CFB Week 7: October 15–17, 2015
Full Schedule | Top 25 & Big 12 Opponents:
You can save the below schedule/guide as an image on your phone/computer:

dX81hwM.png

*ABC/ESPN2 reverse mirror (regional coverage map)
**Full-national ABC broadcast, meaning it will be on local ABC affiliates nationwide
 ​
Idle Top 25 Teams:  #16 Oklahoma State, #23 California, #25 Duke
(and not listed: #22 Toledo--online only vs. Eastern Michigan)

Idle Big 12 Teams:  Oklahoma State, Texas

TCUdirtbag

I'm going to be 100% useless this Saturday. I love this slate of games. A game or two should break out in that 11 am slot (Miss at Memphis or WVU at BU), the 2:30 slate is just awesome, and we should be able to catch some decent glimpses of UF-LSU during TCU halftime and the end of SC-ND and PSU-tOSU afterwards. Then ASU at our old pals in Utah. 

TCUdirtbag

Bump. Hasn't been much chatter 'round here about other games this week. 

Not too excited about Auburn at Kentucky, but tonight's #pac12afterdark is going to be great (UCLA @ Stanford). 

FrogSole

I never watch Baylor unless its the Frogs playing them, but I may tune in, to their game, and see how they play versus a fairly solid D.

TCURiggs

FrogSole said:
I never watch Baylor unless its the Frogs playing them, but I may tune in, to their game, and see how they play versus a fairly solid D.
Unfortunately, WVU's defense isn't the same without Joseph. Hope they play well, though.

West Coast Johnny

For me the most interesting games this week are:
-OU @ K-state.  I'm interested to see if last weeks OU / Texas game was a fluke or if OU really sucksass again.
-Ole Miss @ Memphis - I know... Ole Miss has the better athletes and an SEC defense... yada-yada-yada.  I think Gary gives Justin his Peach Bowl scouting notes and Memphis beats Ole Piss outright.

FBallFan123

Pretty good Thursday/Friday games with UCLA-Stanford and Boise-Utah State.

Stanford is looking like the Pac 12 North favorite and has owned UCLA in recent years, giving UCLA one of it's toughest losses in the Mora years last year in Pasadena.

We'll see is anything changes tonight.

This is one of the best Saturday slates of the season...Sparty at the Big House is the most interesting non-Big 12 gsme to me.

USC-Notre Dame has some of intrigue given what's gone on at USC this week.

Interested to see that Florida-LSU game in part cuz I want to see what either QB can do in that game.

Even the late Pac12 games could be good.

curious to see if Peterson's huskies can give Oregon another loss.

Moose Stuff

TCURiggs said:
Unfortunately, WVU's defense isn't the same without Joseph. Hope they play well, though.
I think Baylor hammers them. Think WV got overhyped. Scores from the last few weeks suggest they are an average team and losing Joseph is a huge blow.

Moose Stuff

West Coast Johnny said:
For me the most interesting games this week are:
-OU @ K-state.  I'm interested to see if last weeks OU / Texas game was a fluke or if OU really sucksass again.
-Ole Miss @ Memphis - I know... Ole Miss has the better athletes and an SEC defense... yada-yada-yada.  I think Gary gives Justin his Peach Bowl scouting notes and Memphis beats Ole Piss outright.
I'm more interested in the OU vs KSU game to see if KSU is good more so than if OU is bad.

jake102

Yep. Only team who has a chance to stop Baylor is TCU because we can score with them and get home field.

Oky State maybe has a 10% shot.

LSU Game Attendee

TCURiggs said:

I imagine if Joseph was roaming the secondary, most of those insufferable prima-donna therapists would hold their trash talk to a minimum.  Joseph was a hammer unlike few I've ever seen- seemed good for a "Gator-level" hit almost weekly.  His body control to apply devastating hits without drawing targeting voilations made his work all the more remarkable.  Alas

LisaLT

Jake102 said:
Yep. Only team who has a chance to stop Baylor is TCU because we can score with them and get home field.

I agree with you. Unless something unforeseen happens (i.e. - injury to key players, another rape scandal involving half the team), Baylor should be undefeated when we meet up. Sure hope we are too :)

cdsfrog

Jake102 said:

Baylor sucks on the road just as much as TCU

Here's my best guess

@TCU- We should get better on defense and never Baylor bad. Ever. 50%
@KSU- 10%- Unrealistic. Never should have been close with us. Probably win by 14+
OU- At home. 1%
@OSU-10%
Texas- 1%

Latest posts