• The KillerFrogs

Week 3 - Other Games

Wexahu

This is the second or third acknowledged officiating mistake so far this season relating to end-of-regulation errors. There has also been a lot of problems where time keepers dont stop the clock appropriately for first downs, across multiple games in multiple conferences.

I’m not trying to imply anything in particular but officiating across FBS seems noticeably worse this season compared to last.

Unless it's a the last couple minutes of the half they basically don't even stop the clock on 1st downs anymore, maybe for a few seconds at the most. And then I've seen on many, many occasions a runner clearly go out of bounds and the official spotting it is signaling for the clock to keep running. They probably do it just to "shorten" the game a bit, there are so many TV breaks its a joke (absolutely brutal on fans at the game), I guess if they operate the clock as the rules dictate every game would be 4+ hours.

Hard to be consistent unless you do things consistently, but the clock is clearly operated differently at the end of a close game than it is in the middle of the 1st quarter.

Froggish

Finally got around to watching that CyHawk game...I don’t think that ISU offense has much outside of Purdy and that TE Koehler but that front 7 on their defense is really nasty..They are extremely fast and physical. I could see that TCU vs ISU game turning into a brawl..