• The KillerFrogs

Week 13 Games to Watch / Other Games Thread

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Dome team in cold weather. University of North Texas cracked the code.
It always seems to be that way doesn't it. I remember a while back the Cowboys went up to Chicago and it was ridiculously cold. The gametime temp was in the single digits and the Cowboys got destroyed. It was back when Romo was still the QB for Dallas.

Pharm Frog

My perspective is informed by only about 3.5 games but I’ve not been impressed with Bama at all. Good team for sure but nothing special.

Wow, I can remember when Florida and Florida State were one of THE games of the season.

Now, didn’t even know they played today.

I was stuck in a car with FSU people. They kept wanting me to flip it over to that game. I obliged during Michigan/tOSU timeouts and without fail when I switched over it was 2 plays, commercial and I would immediately flip back over to the Michigan game.

Planks

I'm pretty sure one of the talking heads said OK State had clinched a spot in the title game. Baylor needs an OK State win to get in.

That’s correct. Oklahoma State is currently a game ahead of Baylor AND has the head to head tie breaker over Baylor. So Oklahoma State is in the title game win or lose.

OU is currently a game ahead of Baylor, but Baylor has the head to head tie break so Baylor jumps OU in the standings if OU loses.

So the title game will either be
#1 Oklahoma 11-1 vs #2 Oklahoma State 10-2

Or

#1 Oklahoma State 11-1 vs #2 Baylor 10-2

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
SMU trying to run up the score early on? Sonny wanting to go out with a bang? Already up 10-0, they went for it on 4th and 1 from the 8 instead of kicking the fg. Scored a td a few plays later. 17-0 ponies.

Wexahu

Great scenes at tOSU Michigan. Great game, snow, incredible atmosphere, cathartic celebrations after 10 years of pain. Exactly why CFB >>> NFL.
Worth noting (IMO of course) that if we had a 12-team playoff that game means very little. Listening to the ESPN announcers speak in favor of expansion saying “let the players decide it on the field”. Isn’t that what Michigan did today by knocking out Ohio State?

dawg

dawg

Worth noting (IMO of course) that if we had a 12-team playoff that game means very little. Listening to the ESPN announcers speak in favor of expansion saying “let the players decide it on the field”. Isn’t that what Michigan did today by knocking out Ohio State?
Very true. The stakes were real, and that definitely contributed to the atmosphere.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Wouldn't an expanded playoff make for more meaningful games this weekend and next?

Coming into today's games, there's only a handful of teams with a legit shot at making The Invitational. How many teams will throw in the towel or just go thru the motions because they really don't have anything to play for?

Not arguing with you, just my opinion.

Latest posts