• The KillerFrogs

WE MADE IT!!!!!

Pharm Frog

Lodolo enters postseason play with 125 K's. That ties him for 4th all time with Brad Furnish. Finnegan had 134 in 2014. Then comes Purke with 142 in 2010 and Broadway with 151 in 2005.

TCURiggs

Just saw a K Rogers tweet that said that Perez was done. That kind of flies in the face of the whole "holding him out for precautionary reasons" statement we heard earlier.

694940094001_5623797050001_5623795961001-vs.jpg

Hell Sent Frog

TCU (32-26, 11-13) had a RPI of 59 but was an impressive 12-14 in
Quadrant 1 (Tier 1) games.
This is clearly the biggest reason the Horned Frogs made the National Tournament.
Those early season games against top national programs, which we won our share of, really paid off.

Also, the Big 12 needed a fifth team considering how tough the league is.
The conference has the 2nd highest league RPI and three of the other four teams from the Big 12 who made the tournament are hosting.

A good conference tournament certainly helped the Frogs along with being a good hitting team.
Also, having Nick Lodolo who anchors a starting rotation that has pitched rather well much of the season did not hurt.

Last edited:

Christcu

Wow, Frogs make BB Tournament and everything is somewhat normal here.
Whoever thought sports are not mood altering are just plain wrong.

Go win it all Frogs, who knows what can happen. That's the way baseball be.

Go Frogs, win the Regional...you know you can.

TooColdU

Just saw a K Rogers tweet that said that Perez was done. That kind of flies in the face of the whole "holding him out for precautionary reasons" statement we heard earlier.

Also with Guenther a little banged up, I don’t know how those on TV are claiming that we are finally getting healthy.

Maybe that’s just based on JJ’s recent performance

LisaLT

Well it is stunning and I believe unprecedented by a fairly wide margin relative to RPI and at-large's. Punters' begging worked.
But what about the good ole eye ball test?? It’s used in football so why not baseball.

Meant to post this observation sooner but just got my fingers uncrossed.

Pharm Frog

But what about the good ole eye ball test?? It’s used in football so why not baseball.

Meant to post this observation sooner but just got my fingers uncrossed.

I’m not sure we pass that test any more than many of the other bubbles. The Frogs got into the field because the committee decided to minimize RPI, elevate wins against Q1, excuse losses because of injuries, and reward potential.

Paint It Purple

“That’s a lot of raw emotion right there,” the veteran coach said, looking at his team still basking in the glow of a continued season. “Those kids have been through a lot. Some of it’s self-induced, but a lot of it’s not, with the injuries. They feel the weight of this program. They feel the weight of the expectations of this program. Nobody wants to be that team that doesn’t get to the NCAA tournament. We were that last year. Thankfully this bunch got us back there.”

Jim Schlossnagle

Ron Swanson

It's amusing how the 99.999% know-it-alls on here would rather be correct that the Frogs don't belong in the tournament, than see TCU play in Fayetteville on Friday.
I didn’t have a strong opinion either way because I didn’t follow the bubble all that closely (although I assumed we wouldn’t make it because that’s what everyone was saying), but I’ve seen precisely zero people share the sentiment that you are describing.

Everyone is happy we made it.

Wexahu

The brand TCU Baseball just did to UCF, what Coach Dixon felt in March getting the shaft by the selection committee for TCU Basketball.

When things don't go our way it doesn't automatically mean that we're "getting the shaft".

Sometimes if you're on the bubble you're going to get in, sometimes you won't. That's the way it goes. The key is to not put yourself on the bubble. Our basketball team played below average for the vast majority of the season and lost a ton of games, they didn't get the shaft, they probably got the result they deserved.

Hell Sent Frog

I’m not sure we pass that test any more than many of the other bubbles. The Frogs got into the field because the committee decided to minimize RPI, elevate wins against Q1, excuse losses because of injuries, and reward potential.

The Big 12 has had five teams in the Tournament every year since 2011.
There was no reason for this season to be any different, the conference is as strong as ever. The league has three teams hosting, one of them a national seed, the fourth team is a second seed.
TCU deserved to be that fifth team just as much as any of the other schools in the Big 12 still looking to get in based on how we took on and won against top 50 teams in the country this year.

Pharm Frog

The Big 12 has had five teams in the Tournament every year since 2011.
There was no reason for this season to be any different, the conference is as strong as ever. The league has three teams hosting, one of them a national seed, the fourth team is a second seed.
TCU deserved to be that fifth team just as much as any of the other schools in the Big 12 still looking to get in based on how we took on and won against top 50 teams in the country this year.

I hear you about the conference history but I just don’t agree that the conference is “as strong as ever” this year. It may be more balanced than ever but can’t go with as strong as ever. I suppose we’re about to find out though. Hoping that the conference representatives are quite strong (although it wouldn’t upset me to see BU bounced in two).