• The KillerFrogs

We just had an earthquake in DC!

frogbyproxy

This is a much more plausible and reasonable argument than charges of water-well contamination.

I live in far SW Fort Worth, an area that is rife with frack well-drilling. This morning as I was driving out of my neighborhood to go to work, I saw a large tanker truck plugged into a fire hydrant and refilling. It suddenly dawned on me that the suburban city I live in is selling public water to the drilling companies while urging residents to conserve water. It really chapped me.

Sounds like the one I reported last month that had been leaking a week. The city stated it was the first time it had been reported leaking. In other words the drivers or the well company could care less...Hummm.. As far as them using the water I will wait another day to state my feelings. :blush:

ChrisHulce

Water wells are generally drilled to only 100-500 feet, while fracking is done at well-depths of 1-2 miles with lateral runs of similar distance. To suggest that contaminants from fracked wells leach across that depth and distance, somehow traversing shallower strata that are both gas- and water-impermeable, is pretty improbable.

In cases where underground contaminants have penetrated water wells in Texas, recent evidence suggests the culprit is likely not the newer, deeper, fracked wells of the Barnett Shale, but thousands of older, shallower, conventional oil and gas wells where the well bore was either imperfectly sealed or the well casing has ruptured. This conclusion is supported by the fact that water well contamination has also occurred in West Texas, far beyond the reach of the Barnett Shale, but within an area permeated by many thousands of conventional oil and gas wells.

In Pennsylvania and West Virginia, Marcellus Shale territory, the more likely contaminating culprit is coalbed methane wells, which are relatively shallow wells that tap into methane trapped in coal seams.

All my post were sarcasm, jokes, I agree with you you verbose, egomaniacal freak! There has been some contamination with illegal dumping of frac sludge but that isn't the process but a greed issue. Now back on ignore you go!

Except for the dog getting hit by the gas tanker ... that really happened.