• The KillerFrogs

We can win the next six games

Atomic Frawg

If Indiana Jones can locate our defense, we can run off a string of six wins. In fact, I think we will. Fact is, we still put up 500+ yards of offense and 42 points, which theoretically could've been 9-17 points more. This past weekend should've been a slap in the face and wakeup call. We have always been better as the hunter, not the hunted. Hopefully we play mad and loose.

The next six games are:
Nicholls at home (frankly, it doesn't matter if we beat them 90-0)
@ Houston (didn't look overly impressive, B12 opener)
SMU at home (I never think SMU will beat us...unless they do)
WVU at home (they are always tough, but they weren't very impressive at Penn St)
@ Iowa St. (need some luck here, but they are still a question mark and have OU the week prior)
BYU at home (they had to fight like hell to beat Sam Houston)
Then we go to the Little Apple, where things could be interesting.

If we pull off a string of six wins in a row heading into the wheat field, we'll have an opportunity to get national attention for the right reason. I'm cautiously optimistic.

If Indiana Jones can locate our defense, we can run off a string of six wins. In fact, I think we will. Fact is, we still put up 500+ yards of offense and 42 points, which theoretically could've been 9-17 points more. This past weekend should've been a slap in the face and wakeup call. We have always been better as the hunter, not the hunted. Hopefully we play mad and loose.

The next six games are:
WVU at home (they are always tough, but they weren't very impressive at Penn St)
@ Iowa St. (need some luck here, but they are still a question mark and have OU the week prior)

If we pull off a string of six wins in a row heading into the wheat field, we'll have an opportunity to get national attention for the right reason. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Well, a week ago I told a co-worker it was highly possible we’d go into KState 7-0 and may not really know how good this team is.

Then Saturday happened. I’m tempering expectations, but not giving up hope.

Wexahu

Well, a week ago I told a co-worker it was highly possible we’d go into KState 7-0 and may not really know how good this team is.

Then Saturday happened. I’m tempering expectations, but not giving up hope.
Yep, I kinda doubt we win all six but if we go down to Houston and put up a solid performance it’ll seem very possible at that point. That game is going to hugely important for this season to not potentially go off the rails.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They'll figure out some way to blow one of those. The stretch will be a string of depressing defeats.

The competent teams, who are all back loaded, will annihilate this Frog team. Having no defense makes winning rather difficult..

Horny4TCU

And then we have the last half of the schedule. Gonna be a long season if we don't find a defense. Did Georgia put something in our water, that made us forget that side of the ball?

Atomic Frawg

They'll figure out some way to blow one of those. The stretch will be a string of depressing defeats.

The competent teams, who are all back loaded, will annihilate this Frog team. Having no defense makes winning rather difficult..
I'm really hoping Dykes puts out an Amber alert for our defense. It was the only thing CU could readily prepare for given the new OC and offensive packages, imo. Outside of SMU, the other teams just didn't look like they could keep up with our offense if we can average in the high 30s, low 40s. I also think CU is more talented than those teams. We'll see.

Chongo94

Hope so but not if the defense plays like it did Saturday.

That game could STILL be going on and we wouldn’t have stopped them yet.

JugbandFrog

The next six games are:

The only game I’m worried about in that stretch is SMU. They upgraded significantly via the portal. My season prediction was 5-7 with CU and SMU as a loss.

I’m optimistic because we CAN have a dominant run game again with two strong backs.

Planks

We have a backloaded schedule, but this year is tough in that we start the year with 3 schools that will basically make us their Super Bowl

Colorado - Wants to shock the world and prove everyone wrong about Deion
Houston - Their first game in the Big 12, and it’s in Houston.
SMU - TCU is always their Super Bowl.

I know some were thinking we could start 7-0 before the season got tough, but I think this was a year where we were always going to lose in an upset to at least 1 of Colorado/Houston/SMU.

vicarfrog

We have a backloaded schedule, but this year is tough in that we start the year with 3 schools that will basically make us their Super Bowl

Colorado - Wants to shock the world and prove everyone wrong about Deion
Houston - Their first game in the Big 12, and it’s in Houston.
SMU - TCU is always their Super Bowl.

I know some were thinking we could start 7-0 before the season got tough, but I think this was a year where we were always going to lose in an upset to at least 1 of Colorado/Houston/SMU.

We just have to come to terms with the fact that we're going to get everyone's best shot.

Limey Frog

The next six games are:

We're going to find out a lot about this team from how they respond. We have the talent. The coaching staff has some questions to answer, but you don't go 13-2 last year with a roster that missed a bowl the year before by being bad coaches: these coaches are capable. I'm interested in the team's collective mentality and culture. It couldn't have been better last year. What now?

I need to see them play with focus and malice against Houston in two weeks. We get two weeks of practice and a live scrimmage to be ready for the Big 12 opener. We need to treat Houston like it was their fault we lost to Colorado. If I don't see that, I'm very worried TCU is going to have the year Baylor did last year and our forward momentum as a program from winning a playoff game is going up in smoke.

4 Oaks Frog

We're going to find out a lot about this team from how they respond. We have the talent. The coaching staff has some questions to answer, but you don't go 13-2 last year with a roster that missed a bowl the year before by being bad coaches: these coaches are capable. I'm interested in the team's collective mentality and culture. It couldn't have been better last year. What now?

I need to see them play with focus and malice against Houston in two weeks. We get two weeks of practice and a live scrimmage to be ready for the Big 12 opener. We need to treat Houston like it was their fault we lost to Colorado. If I don't see that, I'm very worried TCU is going to have the year Baylor did last year and our forward momentum as a program from winning a playoff game is going up in smoke.
We still have to play this Nicholls team, They put up 24 on the #10 team last week.
So, don’t look too far down for the bump in the road. You might miss/cause the pothole just in front of you. Ask baylor and tt. They can tell you. [ Finebaum ], just ask ourselves what it can get your…see last Saturday.
GO FROGS!
BEAT THE COLONELS!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and frogk baylor!!

58-0 when rushing for 200 and passing for 200. That is what Dabo Swinney stated his record was until last night; now it is 58-1 after losing to Duke with 213 rushing and 209 passing. They lost mostly because of red-zone turnovers.

TCU had 262 rushing and 279 passing and lost because of pathetic pass defense and turnovers. TCU won with Patterson and his defense. TCU won last year because they did not turn the ball over until the conference championship game. Only 3 interceptions (incredible) and 5 fumbles on the 12-0 run, but then 8 turnovers in the final three games. Two of those final eight turnovers cost TCU a Big XII Championship and three others contributed to a humiliating, complete unraveling versus Georgia.

Defend and limit turnovers — if you do both, you win with a balance of 200 and 200 on offense.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

TCU had 262 rushing and 279 passing, and lost because of pathetic pass defense and turnovers.
I would refine that a bit to pathetic pass rush. I though CU made a lot of catches in pretty tight coverage. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I don't think we're going to see many more receivers who can catch some of the balls against our defensive backs that ultimately won the game.