• The KillerFrogs

We are pleased to announce

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
..our newest addition to the Killerfrogs group. The Lone Star Fan Zone will supply news, information and an online community for all Texas high school sports.

We'll be adding more features as we move forward but if you want to post, please feel free. We are open for business.

Lone Star Fan Zone

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Did you clear this with The Longhorn Network? I hear they've got dibs.

Oh yeah, we're good. DeLoss said it was OK. :roll eyes:

Help us spread the word about this site. I know that we are all zoned in on TCU sports but I think this one could be a lot of fun.

Army Frog Fan

Nice job Wes. I coul see that really taking off.

Of course I was a guy who thought Twitter was stupid and would not last and also thought a guy with Hussain as a middle name would be unelectable, so take my endorsement with a grain of salt.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Indeed. I can see the ever-even-handed NCAA dropping a library on TCU for such a thing while at the same time allowing an abomination like the L.N. to do whatever they want...

We have no contact with them and unlike the LN, Lone Star Fan Zone is neutral. Yes its owned by a couple of TCU guys but thats where it stops. We don't want this site slanted towards any college. It needs to be that way if it is to survive as a website

FrogAbroad

I will attend high school football games but as a TCU supporter and in deference to the NCAA I will refuse to cheer for either team.

researchfrog

We have no contact with them and unlike the LN, Lone Star Fan Zone is neutral. Yes its owned by a couple of TCU guys but thats where it stops. We don't want this site slanted towards any college. It needs to be that way if it is to survive as a website

Scott and you probably qualify as media by now, just like the Rivals' guys. I'm more worried about us, the non-media boosters of a particular school.

joejordan

While I hope you are successful with your site(s), this is likely why traffic will be slim. Go Frogs, all others be damned.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
While I hope you are successful with your site(s), this is likely why traffic will be slim. Go Frogs, all others be damned.

We are going after a different audience and I think you would be amazed at the market for this sort of thing

It won't happen overnight and its up to Scott and I to build it but we wouldn't have started it if we didn't think it could become a busy site in the future