• The KillerFrogs

Visiting Norman

Ray Finkle

The fans around me were awesome. They are not happy about us possibly seeing them in Arlington.

I did have one guy behind me make the comment when we hobbled Baker, "The only way they've stayed in the game the last two years is by hurting Baker!"

Maniac, I saw you on the way out but was dealing with a girlfriend who drank all the booze I snuck into the stadium. We lost, she was obnoxious, and I didn't get any alcohol during the game. Otherwise, I would have hit you up for a beer and some cookies.

netty2424

I kept quietly taking it. Wouldn't look him in the eye. Wouldn't acknowledge him. Wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing he was bothering us.

Kept hoping for the Frogs to turn things around and certainly wasn't going to do anything that risked me getting thrown out of the stadium, especially when it would have been my word against a sea of sooner fans.

Thought the ultimate justice would be TCU coming back to win. That obviously never happened, and it wasn't even close. Absolutely miserable experience.
Pretty much why I've decided to stick to games at AGCS. Have zero patients for scheiss-o's like that.

I've always had good experiences in Norman, aside from the outcomes of our games, until today.

To their credit, they do gameday better than anyone in the big 12. Pretty campus (much better than any state school in Texas), and just an incredible gameday atmosphere.

The stadium was absolutely packed and rocking before kickoff. Was a pretty incredible atomosphere to experience.

However, we sat in the endzone surrounded by red. We were respectful of the situation and made sure to be extremely tempered and reserved in the way we cheered and behaved. Nonetheless, there were a handful of fans that were not okay with the fact there was purple in their section. They were obnoxious aholes to us the entire time and would turn around and point fingers and clap in our faces and try mocking us, while we just stood there quietly and took it.

There was one older gentleman that was a special kind of jackass. He did everything in his power to incite conflict. He was the row in front of me a couple seats over and would turn around and point at my face every time and do some obnoxious "woooooooohoooo. How bout those little ole horny toads. They can't handle playing in a real stadium against the big boys can they? Maybe time to just get on the road and start heading back to Fort Worth horny toadssss!" And he'd just sit there turned around staring at us and obnoxiously clapping. We did absolutely nothing to provoke this outside of wearing purple. Took everything in me not to punch the jackass in his face.
Sorry to hear that TCU Maniac, Baker asked for everyone to be "charged up" I'm sure some over did it, but if he was sober and acted like that it wasn't appropriate. Please know he doesn't represent the many. :C

tcumaniac

Sorry to hear that TCU Maniac, Baker asked for everyone to be "charged up" I'm sure some over did it, but if he was sober and acted like that it wasn't appropriate. Please know he doesn't represent the many. :C

No hard feelings. I've had mostly great experiences with the OU fan base as a whole.

Every fan base has its fair share of jackasses... ours included.

Zen Moon

I've always had good experiences in Norman, aside from the outcomes of our games, until today.

To their credit, they do gameday better than anyone in the big 12. Pretty campus (much better than any state school in Texas), and just an incredible gameday atmosphere.

The stadium was absolutely packed and rocking before kickoff. Was a pretty incredible atomosphere to experience.

However, we sat in the endzone surrounded by red. We were respectful of the situation and made sure to be extremely tempered and reserved in the way we cheered and behaved. Nonetheless, there were a handful of fans that were not okay with the fact there was purple in their section. They were obnoxious aholes to us the entire time and would turn around and point fingers and clap in our faces and try mocking us, while we just stood there quietly and took it.

There was one older gentleman that was a special kind of jackass. He did everything in his power to incite conflict. He was the row in front of me a couple seats over and would turn around and point at my face every time and do some obnoxious "woooooooohoooo. How bout those little ole horny toads. They can't handle playing in a real stadium against the big boys can they? Maybe time to just get on the road and start heading back to Fort Worth horny toadssss!" And he'd just sit there turned around staring at us and obnoxiously clapping. We did absolutely nothing to provoke this outside of wearing purple. Took everything in me not to punch the jackass in his face.

Wait, a visiting fan was relegated to the end zone, was surrounded by home fans in home team colors, and received a less-than-welcome-wagon reception...? What a novel concept.

Frog-in-law1995

Also, the Ardmore Whataburger was a fun stop on the way back. Pretty much full of fans on both sides driving back. Including Maniac, I believe, right as I was leaving.

HToady

The people were nice and welcoming. Haven't been up there when we have won. Not sure the reception would be the same.

Their team intro is the best...they got a lot of history to draw from. The rest of their game experience is fair.

Campus Corners is ridiculously crowded and parking is so damn far away. The main reason people are still in their seats after halftime. Not really as conducive to tailgating as hanging out in a strip mall.

The two roads into the Stadium from I-35 (unless you go way south) are one lane with multiple traffic lights. Getting out is insane.

YA

I think the person who does the video board replays for calls ‘under review’ needs to come to TCU and teach our guy how to do that. That OU guy had it tee’d up, we were getting great views without much delay.
100% agreed. We are the absolute horrible at this for football and basketball.