• The KillerFrogs

Villanova will play football at PPL park next year

Scarface

I you take $150-$200 million and finance it over a 30 year bond at current rates, your looking at $9-12 million a year in payments and that is assuming they raise NOTHING for a down payment. Nova has a ton of wealthy alumni and being in Philly would also probably get some naming rights. Rutgers just got $6 million.

Its very doable..."IF" the town they are in are willing to work with them, but I think that is the real issue.

There are 17 private schools in the FBS and all seventeen of those schools have an endowment fund in the top 100. Miami is 17th of 17 and No. 100 at $618 Million. Tulsa is 16th and No. 91 at $692 Million.

TCU is 10th and No. 59 with over $1 Billion. Syracuse is 14th and No. 76 at $848 Million.

Villanova is No. 183 at $298 Million and in no way in the same financial standing as the other private schools in the FBS with regards to monetary resources and what one should expect from potential donors.

Also, it is highly doubtful that any of Nova's endowmment would ever be spent on a new football stadium. Good luck with that.

The 18,500 seat PPL Park is 18 miles in the wrong direction from the Villanova campus. You would be lucky just to get a third of the undergraduate students, say around 2,500, to go over there on a regular basis. The attendance numbers just don't add up.

Spending $200 Million for a new on campus stadium seems to be out of the question for many reasons, the biggest one being lack of money.

Nova is under no real pressure to field a FBS football program.

Go Frogs!

mtmedlin

Please refer to previous post.

1. They can use PPL Park for the next 4 years until they are able to build up capacity.

2. 2017 Temples lease on the Linc is up for negotiation. Temple doesnt have the money to continue renting it and honestly PPL Park would be a better venue for them, since they cant seem to hit 30K. Starting in 2018, Nova can take the Linc and make it their home. No need for a OCS for now.

3. My point above was just showing that they could financially build a stadium. If they go cheap they can do it for $60 million. It will cost them less then $6 million a year. Their proximity to other BE schools nearly gurantees a sellout of 40-50K seats, which will net them plenty of money to pay for a stadium...in time.

If they start at PPL park, move to the Linc and 10 years from now build an OCS, then it will be fine. Nova is a great member of our conference and I would be proud to have them move up. In time, I think they will field a competitive team. Everybody said UConn would never be anything. They didnt even have a history of being a great Div II team. Now they have won or shared the championship twice. Hell, right now their as good as Rutgers. I think theyll be number 10.