• The KillerFrogs

USA vs. Spain

IronSkillet

Anybody else stoked to see the US take on the FIFA world champions?

La Furia Roja are coming to Gillette Stadium in Foxboro today to take on the US squad just days before the yanks begin their "CONCACAF" gold cup bid. The US under Bob Bradley has had unprecedented success against Spain, posting a 1-1-1 record including a 2-0 win 2 years ago that broke a 15 match win streak for the Spanish.

Word is that the Spanish will have almost 100% of their first choice team minus Midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Xavi.

3:30 CST on ESPN and ESPN3

FROGDADDY

La Furia Roja are coming to Gillette Stadium in Foxboro today to take on the US squad just days before the yanks begin their "CONCACAF" gold cup bid. The US under Bob Bradley has had unprecedented success against Spain, posting a 1-1-1 record including a 2-0 win 2 years ago that broke a 15 match win streak for the Spanish.

Word is that the Spanish will have almost 100% of their first choice team minus Midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Xavi.

Always enjoy USA soccer, especially games against the world powers like Spain. I would have liked to see a few more of the young guys included in this one (Diskerud and Bunbury) but I'll certainly be watching. Actually I'll be recording and watching later as I'll be at Disch Falk all day.

geefrogs

I am currently watching England/Switzerland and will also tune in to see the Americans go up against the strongest side in the world.

Tom Brown

Count me in. I watched our victory over them in SA two summers ago. They want revenge.

Pharm Frog

I plan on napping.... But if it will help the Nielsen ratings, I'll be more than happy to tune in... I'll consider it free Ambien.....

WVUFan

Landon Donovan is not playing for the US today......I know its a friendly but he could not come from LA to Maine But Tim Howard could come from England cmon US

FROGDADDY

Landon Donovan is not playing for the US today......I know its a friendly but he could not come from LA to Maine But Tim Howard could come from England cmon US
May not be in lineup but I'm pretty sure he's there. And the game is in Massachusetts.

Edit - actually it does appear that he isn't there.

FROGDADDY

He is ill. Bradley saving him for the Gold Cup.

On another note, this US team looks horrible. Gross.

Glad I'm not able to watch. How some of these guys continue to get a chance is beyond me. If we're gonna suck, let's at least suck with some new blood on the field.

DickBumpastache

Its actually the new blood that killed us in the 1st half. The back four was awful, Jermaine Jones was terrible and the forwards almost never saw the ball.

An expected result based on the starting XI from each team. On to the Gold Cup.

WVUFan

I understand the US has a must win gold cup coming up, but going with a bunch of first time mix of players against a team like Spain was rough on home soil. I am glad they play Canada tues. though

IronSkillet

Well that was a bust. No biggie though, Spain is such a joy to watch. It seems that while the US have some decent players (donovan, dempsey, bradley, howard) they rely so heavily upon that small group. We don't have any depth.

Anyway on to Canada. I have a feeling the result there will be more palatable.