• The KillerFrogs

USA Today: Sorting through the Big 10 expansion scenarios

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 19 2010, 06:35 AM) [snapback]561443[/snapback]
USA Today: Sorting through the Big 10 expansion scenarios

The Big Ten can't make the big kill, adding Notre Dame or Texas, so league presidents decide the current membership and increasingly lucrative Big Ten Network position them solidly enough for the long term. Don't hold your breath on this one.

"The WAC has been awfully good for Boise State, and Boise State has been awful good for the WAC over the last eight years," WAC Commissioner Karl Benson said Tuesday. "And I would certainly hope, if and when an invitation were to come from the Mountain West, that Boise State would decline and elect to stay in the WAC."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TCU2002

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ May 19 2010, 08:32 AM) [snapback]561458[/snapback]
"The WAC has been awfully good for Boise State, and Boise State has been awful good for the WAC over the last eight years," WAC Commissioner Karl Benson said Tuesday. "And I would certainly hope, if and when an invitation were to come from the Mountain West, that Boise State would decline and elect to stay in the WAC."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Agreed. Benson just sounds out of touch.

But, if you're the WAC commissioner, what else could you possibly say?

desmith03

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ May 19 2010, 07:32 AM) [snapback]561458[/snapback]
"And I would certainly hope, if and when an invitation were to come from the Mountain West, that Boise State would decline and elect to stay in the WAC."

One of Burgess Meredith's lines from "Grumpier Old Men" comes to mind...