• The KillerFrogs

USA Today: Former Alabama OL James Brockermeyer expected to transfer to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Former Alabama OL James Brockermeyer expected to transfer to TCU​

Story by Stacey Blackwood

Just a few days ago Alabama Crimson Tide center James Brockeymeyer announced his intentions of entering the NCAA transfer portal with the caveat that he was to not be contacted by college football programs. Generally speaking, when a player has a "do not contact" tag attached to their portal entry, the said player likely has a destination already in mind.

That appears to be the case for Brockermeyer with the reports surfacing on Sunday afternoon that the redshirt junior is expected to transfer to the TCU Horned Frogs.

Brockermeyer was Alabama's first-team center during the A-Day Game a couple of weeks ago while Washington transfer Parker Brailsford was dealing with some personal issues.

Chongo94

Hmmm, given how the recent Bama transfers here have turned out, I’ll save my excitement and belief that a massive contribution will be made, sadly.

Purp

Rather like being the Alabama farm club. I have a feeling he is going to be different. At least he is not coming to us rehabing an injury.
This is the big difference in my opinion. That and his whole family is back in the FW area now and he's got a ton of family intel on how things run within the program. He's clearly not desperate for PT or attention; this feels like a personal decision to improve quality of life his last 2 years in school. Since the coach he committed to is now gone he's got less to stick around for than he previously did.