• The KillerFrogs

Urban Dictionary Word of the Day

tcumaniac

1.Sports Cry
July 28, 2011 Urban Word of the DayThe Permissible act of a sports fan or athlete, usually a male, shedding a quiet tear in celebration of their team's accomplishments. Also acceptable at the end of a classic sports motion picture. Only one episode of sports crying is acceptable per situation.I sports cry every time at the end of 'Angels in the Outfield'.

How many times has TCU made you sports cry?

jake102

Never. I go through a series of steps. It goes anger, disbelief, numb laughter, anger, isolation, never ending bitterness.

Ross Evans, that receiver who can't keep his feet inbounds, and Antoine Hicks have put me through that cycle.

ShivasFrog

Never. I go through a series of steps. It goes anger, disbelief, numb laughter, anger, isolation, never ending bitterness.

Ross Evans, that receiver who can't keep his feet inbounds, and Antoine Hicks have put me through that cycle.

A sports cry happens when you win.

Losing should prompt throwing heavy objects at TV screens and other acts of uncontrollable anger and hostility, but never crying.

Trelvis

Sports cry is about celebration not defeat. Guess it works both ways though.

HFrog1999

I sports cried when this happened, as did my wife and kids, and I'm crying right now while making this post. :biggrin:

350x.jpg

5502984.jpg

260xStory.jpg

24037371_240X180.jpg

Froggle Rock

I have sports cried twice in my life.

1. TCU winning the Rose Bowl

2. Mavs winning the NBA Championship (I also jumped fully clothed into a pool)

Frog-in-law1995

For TCU? Never. But I was a student at another SWC school during the bad TCU years, and have only been seriously rooting for TCU since marrying into it during the Patterson years. So I haven't lived through the same frustration and disappointment that many of you have. As for sports cries, the first time I saw the ending of Rudy and EVERYTIME I see the "Wanna have a catch, dad" line from Field of Dreams are pretty much it for me.

oldscribe

For TCU? Never. But I was a student at another SWC school during the bad TCU years, and have only been seriously rooting for TCU since marrying into it during the Patterson years. So I haven't lived through the same frustration and disappointment that many of you have. As for sports cries, the first time I saw the ending of Rudy and EVERYTIME I see the "Wanna have a catch, dad" line from Field of Dreams are pretty much it for me.
Field of Dreams always hits me.....probably hits most men whose dads are gone.

Young and Horned

Never. Haven't even come close for TCU or any other sport. Maybe if one of our horses wins the Kentucky Derby. But I won't be crying (whether it happy or sad) for something that I had no hand in.

joejordan

I, like many on here, have lived through a journey so unfair and demoralizing, that I have become somewhat immune to the vagaries of emotional outburst relating to the victories and defeats of my favorite team, in the only sport that could nearly approach such evocative manifestation.

However, I can count several drunken cries (some held in the throat and eye edge), when discussing the end of my own abbreviated playing career, and the subsequent loss of cameraderie between myself and those brothers I went to war with (analogically-speaking).

jake102

Yeah I didn't read that. I've never even come close to sports crying. Accomplishments don't urge me to cry. Or losses.