1. The KillerFrogs

Unusual movement?

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Limp Lizard, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Has this been addressed? Zebra Frog? What happened there? And how often is that called?

2. In before the [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] jokes.

3. About as often as referees throwing flags for defenders "using the full force of their body" in tackling a QB. Lord, why don't you just stipulate that defense is not permitted?!

COWTOWN FAN and Opintel like this.
  4. the x-ray is backwards

WhiteHispanicFrog likes this.
  5. That reminds me. I have my annual physical next week. Thanks a lot.:confused:

6. Wasn't it called an "unnatural movement"?

BedfordFrog68 likes this.
  7. @Zebra Frog

8. It had to be the significant head movement the player had when he did the shift. Weird call for sure.

9. I'm just glad it was against them and not us.

SnoSki likes this.
  10. Same gifs apply

11. Rule under Defensive Requirements (7-1-5-a-4) says, “Player(s) aligned in a stationary position within one yard of the line of scrimmage may not make quick, abrupt or exaggerated actions that are not part of normal defensive player movement. Example: Linebacker B56 is stationary within one yard beyond the neutral zone. As the offense is calling it’s snap signals, B56 feints toward the line in an obvious attempt to induce a false start by the offense. RULING: Dead-ball foul, delay of game. Five-yard penalty.

Very rarely called.

BrewingFrog, MN Frog and Land Frog like this.
  12. Those refs brought their A game to Purdue...I thought they did a good job.

13. What seemed controversial about this call is that the DT and DE shifted left shortly before the snap in an attempt to foul up the OL gap assignments after the protection had already been called. It's not an uncommon and unnatural movement, IMO, but I'm not sure if there's something about the way the DT did it that drew the flag.

14. I think it was the way he did it that got him. Very accentuated head and shoulders bob, as opposed to just a shift.

15. I agree with this. Honestly, I think it was going to be false start call until #90 started immediately clapping and nodding like he caused it.