• The KillerFrogs

University of North Texas's new stadium

SuperToad

let me guess, as soon as they found out what a [Cowherd] you were they invited kathy ireland to try out for that position instead!

That's cute. Did you not make the cut for your quidditch team? I didn't go there because A) they don't have my major. B) wasn't impressed with coaches or facilities, felt like high school. It was my choice NOT to go there. But you can just keep making stupid [Craig James] remarks to keep yourself thinking you're cool. It's the only thing you're good at

OmniscienceFrog

Wow. That is nothing close to the original drawings. I thought they were building this:

xm874di5.jpg

img_1837.jpg

A bit too much dinero for that one probably.

It actually is closer to the original design that you'd think. I gave a brief review in another thread earlier this week. I toured it last Saturday when they had their open house. Overall it's nice. I compared it to a high school stadium on steroids. I think it's 10x nicer than Ford over in UP. The only changes were the upper deck seats were moved below the suites and turned into the club level and shrunken down to about 5 rows. The tail feather endzone starts where the two tunnels are shown and the corners are knocked out. The jumbotron sits atop a structure in the south endzone. They really should have made that some kind of party deck. It looks awkward.

My only real complaint is that ridiculous tail section. The tunnels are at the bottom and there are at least 50 rows to the top. No one in their right mind would ever sit up there. They should have made stairs half way up like we used to have on the west side to get to the upper section of the first level.

Overall, it's nice. They have something to be very proud of.

AEAfrog

I got that, but again it is no good reason to throw your real identity under the bus and cling to a j.c. sounding brand.
Maybe the "in group" up there just gets a lift when they say something that rhymes.

They've been using that name for almost 45 years now. It's more their identity than anything else is at this point.

AEAfrog

My only real complaint is that ridiculous tail section. The tunnels are at the bottom and there are at least 50 rows to the top. No one in their right mind would ever sit up there. They should have made stairs half way up like we used to have on the west side to get to the upper section of the first level.

What they should have done, imo, is include the tail section but stop the seats once the triangles begin to narrow. That way they can still have the effect of the design without the awkward seating. I think that's what a lot of people expected when the initial renderings were released.

Fouts Field is definitely the worst D1A stadium I have ever seen. Unless they have some amenities not shown in the pictures, I think they may have overpaid for the new stadium. SMU paid about $55 million for rather than $80 million for stadium that is basically the same size. From what I can tell based on the pictures, I think I like Ford Stadium better than the new University of North Texas stadium. With that being said, this new stadium is huge improvement over Fouts Field especially since it does not have the track around the field.

Horny4TCU

I hope they have a better season than last year... I think they won one game. Will it be artificial turf or the real deal?

And as my brother pointed out to me, I would hate to be the lonely guy at the top of those two points. I think there is literally one seat at the top.

masterfrog

I hope they have a better season than last year... I think they won one game. Will it be artificial turf or the real deal?

And as my brother pointed out to me, I would hate to be the lonely guy at the top of those two points. I think there is literally one seat at the top.
They were a little better than that. They only won once when Dodge was the coach, but after he was fired I think they won a couple of other games. As I recall the offense was really clicking down the stretch and they retained their interim head coach as the offensive coordinator.