• The KillerFrogs

Universal Studios to open theme park in Frisco

Virginia Frog

FRISCO is already too congested. This is going to make the traffic there go from bad to worse. Too many homes per square mile.
Too cold in the winter in D-FW for this type of attraction.

Houston suburbs?

Maybe limited to summertime only with a kiddie focused park.

Eight

Too cold in the winter in D-FW for this type of attraction.

Houston suburbs?

Maybe limited to summertime only with a kiddie focused park.

hmmm......maybe put in somewhere roughly halfway between austin and waco?

The-Matterhorn-1.jpg

SportsJunkie

Traffic was terrible when I left there 5 years ago. This would make an unlivable city even more unlivababable.
I drive all around for my sales job and Fort Worth has the WORST traffic on 35 more than anywhere else in DFW. Did they ever fix that nonsense? I don't go that way anymore

I drive all around for my sales job and Fort Worth has the WORST traffic on 35 more than anywhere else in DFW. Did they ever fix that nonsense? I don't go that way anymore
It’s fixed all the way north to about heritage trace then it sucks ass until north of Texas motor speedway. Commuted that way for years and don’t miss it one bit

Peacefrog

Degenerate
35 in north Fort Worth is terrible. Agreed. But also I lived one mile from the tollway in Frisco. On a Saturday it would take at least 20 minutes to get to the tollway from my house. That’s ridiculous. Luckily I don’t have to deal with either of those two things. I don’t go to Frisco and I don’t go to north Fort Worth. Problem solved.

I also lived in prosper for three years. Nice town as long as you didn’t mind driving to Frisco for everything. It’s probably better now.

Last edited:

MAcFroggy

Traffic in Prosper is outrageous. For being so far out, you think you would have benefits of no traffic, easy access to restaurants/stores, etc. However, it is just terrible.

Frisco also has pretty bad traffic. The growth has just been tremendous, and the city and school district have struggled at times. In the long run it will probably be fine, but in the short run it can be annoying.

The theme park its self sounds pretty cool. Kid focused park that is a quarter the size of one of the normal universal parks. That area is obviously swarming with kids, so I imagine this is going to be a huge success.