• The KillerFrogs

Unis for Next Week?

Racist jokes aren't funny.
I am a white male (well, technically Native American) with five adopted African American brothers from Sudan who I consider my blood. (Is that me justifying something? Moving on.) My post was in no way racist but, in fact, poking and evoking humor on a political spectacle in 2014 in reply to a convenient post. If you continue to view it as such, I will happily delete it so as to not hurt your feelings. And if you wanna talk racism, as a Scot yourself, convince your peeps 780km to the East to keep it easy on my guy Lewis Hamilton.

Also, Gosh forbid you watch the Chappelle opener on SNL. You prob will take it all the way to the FCC.

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass
image-desktop-data.jpg

Tan Suit Day. One of the darkest days in American history. Never forget.

Paint It Purple

I do have a funny bone, I've got Scottish DNA... but I draw the line at racial jokes. It's very personal to me given my ancestors endurance of persecution for being Jewish.
Stop pretending you're a victim. Acting like you've endured persecution because of something that happened before we were all born is insulting to those that really lived it.

rM3panno

Is TCU not wearing some form of Purple for the National Championship game instead of black? We shall see but I just don't get it if there is not more Purple shown other than on the trim strips. Go Frogs!
If we go no purple I’m going to more than a little disappointed. Hell, at this point I’m a little surprised Nike hasn’t been secretly working in an all new combo since last weekend and it’s under wraps.

gdu

If we go no purple I’m going to more than a little disappointed. Hell, at this point I’m a little surprised Nike hasn’t been secretly working in an all new combo since last weekend and it’s under wraps.
That is not a thing that happens Takes way too long to plan, design, and produce a jersey and nobody had TCU in this position pre-season.

Nike adds the diamond swooshes to the team's existing uniforms and gives them next year's cleats and glove's. That's it.

Although, Nike would have to produce home and away looks for at least the top 3 teams. So, I suspect we got white tops and bottoms, purple top, and black pants.

So, we likely just wanted a different look than the Michigan game and if our only alternative is black pants, they probably decided to pair it with black helmets.

Which is really unfortunate, IMO. Given these limitations, Purple/White/Purple is a much better look IMO. But, TCU being invited to the CFP, making it to the NCG and us being upset about this unis only proves one thing: we can always find something to complain about.

Go Frogs!

Dtx_Frog_Fan

That is not a thing that happens Takes way too long to plan, design, and produce a jersey and nobody had TCU in this position pre-season.

Nike adds the diamond swooshes to the team's existing uniforms and gives them next year's cleats and glove's. That's it.

Although, Nike would have to produce home and away looks for at least the top 3 teams. So, I suspect we got white tops and bottoms, purple top, and black pants.

So, we likely just wanted a different look than the Michigan game and if our only alternative is black pants, they probably decided to pair it with black helmets.

Which is really unfortunate, IMO. Given these limitations, Purple/White/Purple is a much better look IMO. But, TCU being invited to the CFP, making it to the NCG and us being upset about this unis only proves one thing: we can always find something to complain about.

Go Frogs!
I agree with lots of the complaints and if the uniform is the only thing I’m complaining about come late Monday evening, I’ll be ecstatic.

rM3panno

Go Frogs!

Go Frogs!
I know a new combo wasn’t happening, more of a joke to help me cope with the possibility of no purple.

McDawg

Is TCU not wearing some form of Purple for the National Championship game instead of black? We shall see but I just don't get it if there is not more Purple shown other than on the trim strips. Go Frogs!
That’s a response I got on Twitter from a TCU guy called “Roll Toad”
That’s all I have friend…

Attachments

• D89C02BD-6E69-4879-9B71-D6EE192CC6D5.jpeg
    D89C02BD-6E69-4879-9B71-D6EE192CC6D5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass
Maybe everyone will eventually come bac

Man I hope he’s wrong. If we all flood ADJD with messages of being pissed about no purple, maybe we can get a change? We were able to get them to scrap the all black Nike specials for the Rose Bowl, after all.

Last edited:

Putt4Purple

Understood. It’s been a pet peeve of mine for TCU’s uniform choices all year. More black than purple. Purple and white are the school colors and mixing in some black is ok for a couple of games but this is the Championship. In my old fashioned view point the school colors should be shown loud and proud. Go Frogs!