• The KillerFrogs

Umpires are crazy

PurpleBlood87

Don't know if anyone noticed during Thursday's baseball game, CJS getting into a arguement with an umpire. I thought maybe it was about the pitcher possibly balking. Last night during the BYU game, the TV announcers explained that CJS was angry because the umpire didn't want the players simulating rolling die during TCU's twos routine, what the players in the dugout do when TCU is hitting and the count is 2-2 with 2 out.

Really? TCU has down this for years and for some reason this umpire has a problem with it. Exactly what is wrong it? I'm certain TCU does this every game (when the situation arises) and certainly did it during the College World Series. I just don't get this umpire trying to stop something that no other umpire has had a problem with.

Sounds like someone who just wanted to flaunt his power.

leofrog

Don't know if anyone noticed during Thursday's baseball game, CJS getting into a arguement with an umpire. I thought maybe it was about the pitcher possibly balking. Last night during the BYU game, the TV announcers explained that CJS was angry because the umpire didn't want the players simulating rolling die during TCU's twos routine, what the players in the dugout do when TCU is hitting and the count is 2-2 with 2 out.

Really? TCU has down this for years and for some reason this umpire has a problem with it. Exactly what is wrong it? I'm certain TCU does this every game (when the situation arises) and certainly did it during the College World Series. I just don't get this umpire trying to stop something that no other umpire has had a problem with.

Sounds like someone who just wanted to flaunt his power.
Does it have anything to do with the fact that we are playing at BYU? Anyways, it's ridiculous.

Well, if our guys are simulating "rolling dice" with their hands at waist level, it would look quite a bit like they're simulating something else. :biggrin:

West Coast Johnny

I'm a volunteer little league umpire and it is HORRIBLE that an umpire would antagonize a team by injecting himself into what is just a harmless ritual that no one even notices or cares about.

Latest posts