• The KillerFrogs

UH not letting Tech wear white this weekend

Lone Frog

Unless you're REAL old, your grandmother wasn't picking cotton during civil war days.

I didn't say Civil War days. You said your family moved to Rotan in 1880, which is about when mine moved to Winters. My grandmother, youngest in the family to survive childhood, was born in 1899. She was picking cotton by the age of five.

Tom Brown

Houston is being soooo petty, and I’m here for it. College sports and pettiness go hand-in-hand. Especially among old SWC rivals.

Sidebar—that should be a fun game to watch. 3:15 on FOX, so should wrap up in time for TCU-OSU.

I'm hearing that TTech wanted Houston to wear Gray jerseys, not even red.

Tom Brown

Tech asked Houston if the Coogs would be willing to wear charcoal and let Tech wear white. In other words, Tech did not want Houston to even wear home red!

Houston said it would depend on the game time. Even though historical weather reports are available for the second Saturday in Sept, there was no way for Houston to know really how hot is was going to be that far out.

Once the game time was set for 3PM, Houston let Tech know (in the summer) that they did not want to switch. As is our right.

Finally, let's not forget Texas Tech wore black for their "Cotton" game in 2014 vs Arkansas. It's not decreed that they must wear white to celebrate Cotton growers. They are free to wear black on Saturday again.

The fact that Tech is trying to make Houston look bad in the press over this is petty and reflects poorly on them.

This will be doubly bad for Tech when they lose and have egg on their faces. Kliffy gone.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
To me, I was like "Is there no one unassociated with Baylor who can successfully coordinate our offense?"

Major was accused by several media outlets of adopting a "win at all costs" attitude when making that hire.

All I can say is, he'd better win a bunch. You can't go "win at all costs" and then lose.
I doubt you lose to Tech. They suck.

TCUdirtbag

Nothing petty at all about this. Game is at 3pm in Lubbock. If you have the choice, you’re wearing white in that heat. By rule UH has the choice.

They play day games in Houston in black and red. This is a day game in Lubbock that’ll be like 20+ degrees cooler on the field than their home games. It is absolutely petty and has nothing to do with temp.

But like I said, it’s petty and I’m here for it.

I'm hearing that TTech wanted Houston to wear Gray jerseys, not even red.

Lol if so. They can’t make the ask for white and then not let UH wear its primary color.

Surely TTU has a white helmet and pants option. That should work.

TechAdvisor

This will be doubly bad for Tech when they lose and have egg on their faces. Kliffy gone.

No clue why Tech would have "egg on their faces". Tech was trying to honor the cotton farmers, asked Houston if they would allow Tech to wear white, Houston declined. How is that egg on Tech's face??
All I can say is, he'd better win a bunch. You can't go "win at all costs" and then lose.

You can. It just makes it a lot worse when you sell your soul to the son of the devil and still lose. Good news for Houston, the American Conference is terrible, so you'll win a lot of games this season.

I doubt you lose to Tech. They suck.

L4ia.gif

Tom Brown

No clue why Tech would have "egg on their faces". Tech was trying to honor the cotton farmers, asked Houston if they would allow Tech to wear white, Houston declined. How is that egg on Tech's face??

You can. It just makes it a lot worse when you sell your soul to the son of the devil and still lose. Good news for Houston, the American Conference is terrible, so you'll win a lot of games this season.

L4ia.gif

Because they were the ones that dropped the ball.

I was pulling for them. Tech doesnt usually win when i pull for them.