• The KillerFrogs

Tyrell Brown and Coach Kaz.

McGregor's Goat

There have been so many games, against a wide variety of talent levels, where Gillespie seemed totally out-coached and unable to make adjustments (Georgia, Colorado, K-State, Oklahoma). TCU had some personnel deficiencies on defense but I'm pretty confident in saying that they underachieved relative to their talent. I'm fine with throwing out the Georgia game but it's not like Colorado and K-State recruit on a level that TCU can't touch.

Limey Frog

Another note. I don’t think Joe Gillespie‘s system is the problem. He simply needs better talent to run the system. Would be very difficult for TCU to find a coach as good as Gillespie on defense.
We used to run a scheme and have the coaching on defense to play consistently above our theoretical talent level. It's possible to do that. Right now we're doing the opposite.

Paul in uhh

Was embarrassed, watching you guys get drawn into a jawing match with OU fans behind your bench. Getting baited into banter about the color of their teeth!

Childish and showed total lack of discipline and class. Focus on the damn game!

Another note. I don’t think Joe Gillespie‘s system is the problem. He simply needs better talent to run the system. Would be very difficult for TCU to find a coach as good as Gillespie on defense.
We had multiple NFL players and gave up 65 to Georgia

FrogCop19

Never should have hired Kaz. Just watch the Good Job Big 12 video and it speaks volumes about him.

We've had multiple discussions on here making fun of him for that, but nearly everyone has also acknowledged the TCU fan was way out of line, and Kaz was doing his damn job by defending his players against a drunk, belligerent old man making fun of them. We thought it was funny because he was with baylor, but I know if I had a kid playing football I'd want a coach step up and defend him against some drunk rando jackass in the stands.

Limp Lizard

The offense did its job and then some. The 45 we scored was the most scored on OU this year.

We won the turnover margin and still got beaten by 24 points. Pathetic defense, like last year, too. We were usually playing from behind.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
We've had multiple discussions on here making fun of him for that, but nearly everyone has also acknowledged the TCU fan was way out of line, and Kaz was doing his damn job by defending his players against a drunk, belligerent old man making fun of them. We thought it was funny because he was with baylor, but I know if I had a kid playing football I'd want a coach step up and defend him against some drunk rando jackass in the stands.
Doing his job? He almost got into a physical altercation (assault) because a guy (intoxication unknown) was heckling. Unprofessional. That's not part of his job. We all learned as kids, sticks and stones...

Since it's in your username, were you a cop? Defending his actions and promoting fights is unacceptable. This was not a case of self defense. It was uncontrolled aggression.

Doing his job? He almost got into a physical altercation (assault) because a guy (intoxication unknown) was heckling. Unprofessional. That's not part of his job. We all learned as kids, sticks and stones...

Since it's in your username, were you a cop? Defending his actions and promoting fights is unacceptable. This was not a case of self defense. It was uncontrolled aggression.
Yep, unless a player is in actual physical danger, there's no reason a coach should ever threaten violence.

Baylor players ignited this by chanting "Big 12" as they came down the tunnel before the game. Most of us know this, but it's worth pointing out that the arrogance of the Baylor players and fans had really begun to wear on TCU fans after 15 years of being looked down upon. They looked down on TCU simply because they were a member of a club and had averaged less than 2 wins per year in the B12 up until this point. Not only had we beaten them on the field in 2006 and 2007, we were coming off of two consecutive top 10 finishes in the polls and started the season in the top 5. They hadn't finished ranked since 1991 when they finished 20th.

Being left out of the B12 had done serious damage to TCU's image. It had fallen to second tier status despite the academic rankings that were, for all intents and purposes, equal to Baylor's. Baylor had benefited tremendously by inclusion in the B12, not by merit. Many of our fans, myself included, had had enough of that crap. I don't blame any of those for giving it back to Baylor after we totally destroyed them that day. We scored on our first seven possessions, if I recall correctly, and then Patterson called off the dogs. Had he known what was coming just a few years later from the Briles regime, I think he would have chosen to hang 70+ on them that day.

tjcoffice

At least as far as points allowed, our defense improved slightly from last year.
Defense:
Average points allowed per game 2022: 29
points allowed per game 2023: 28.
But, offense:
Average points scored per game 2022: 38
points scored per game 2023: 29

Wexahu

At least as far as points allowed, our defense improved slightly from last year.
Defense:
Average points allowed per game 2022: 29
points allowed per game 2023: 28.
But, offense:
Average points scored per game 2022: 38
points scored per game 2023: 29
Part of that is the defense forcing so few turnovers relative to last year and not having DD return kicks and punts.

fanatical frog

For the record the TCU fan was maybe 40 y/o. I was only a few feet away from that and felt like the TCU fan was way far out of line.

Bruce Berry

Was embarrassed, watching you guys get drawn into a jawing match with OU fans behind your bench. Getting baited into banter about the color of their teeth!

Childish and showed total lack of discipline and class. Focus on the damn game!

Point 1 No clue

Point 2 I'll take my chances

FrogCop19

Sticks and stones, huh? Lemme guess, if you saw people heckling your child like that after a humiliating loss you'd just walk away and not defend them? What message do you think that would send? Yes, he most certainly was doing his job. And for the record, that's not "promoting fights", I'm saying he was defending his players, as any good coach would. We've all seen how passionate about his job Kaz is. We've heard the players describe him as the most important coach for last year's success. Of course he's going to defend them.

And yes, I was a cop for 8 years. At TCU, in fact. And guess what? Now I'm a coach! If I heard people talking to my players like that drunk idiot, you bet your patooty I'd say something.

**Edited to say out of curiosity I went back and rewatched the video after not having seen it for a few years and yeah, Kaz was out of line. But I'd still want to have him coaching my kids. No coach likes to lose. Notice nobody has ever posted a video of a coach losing his [ Finebaum ] after winning a game. And I'm still gonna say that TCU fan was an asshat. If you hate the arrogance of a rival, don't become him when you win.

Last edited:

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Sticks and stones, huh? Lemme guess, if you saw people heckling your child like that after a humiliating loss you'd just walk away and not defend them? What message do you think that would send? Yes, he most certainly was doing his job. And for the record, that's not "promoting fights", I'm saying he was defending his players, as any good coach would. We've all seen how passionate about his job Kaz is. We've heard the players describe him as the most important coach for last year's success. Of course he's going to defend them.

And yes, I was a cop for 8 years. At TCU, in fact. And guess what? Now I'm a coach! If I heard people talking to my players like that drunk idiot, you bet your patooty I'd say something.
You sound like a hot head. Heckling occurs. In football. In baseball. And most sporting arenas and stadiums. As Coach Ryan Day said this morning, don't let emotions get the best of you. If the fan was intoxicated or out of line, have him removed. Don't go into attack mode. Those players didn't need a helicopter coach to protect them. Be mentally stronger.