• The KillerFrogs

Tournament seeding

HFrog1999

I really don’t understand the hate towards UT. Are they competitors in our Big 12 conference? Yes. Have they dominated our past athletics wise?. Yes. But now we have been more than competitive since joining the big 12 and the HATE keeps coming from Frogs fans. Let it go! The Longhorn’s have a good team this year. Hopefully, maybe we will have a chance at redemption in the Final Four.

Confused Will Ferrell GIF

ftwfrog

I’m more upset with our tip off time than our seed.

Predicting we play at 9:00 on Sunday if we win Friday. Even worse.

TCUdirtbag

Path to FF

Arizona St/Nevada
Gonzaga
UCLA
Kansas

Whew boy

I remember someone here arguing with me claiming the difference in a 3/4 seed and a 6/7 isn’t that big of a deal. This was right after we lost to MSU and @ OSU. I argued the OSU loss cost us a seed. I stand by it. If we had won those 2 and @ OU, I think we’d be a 4. If we hadn’t blown @UT and vs ISU in January we’d be a 2.

Putt4Purple

I remember someone here arguing with me claiming the difference in a 3/4 seed and a 6/7 isn’t that big of a deal. This was right after we lost to MSU and @ OSU. I argued the OSU loss cost us a seed. I stand by it. If we had won those 2 and @ OU, I think we’d be a 4. If we hadn’t blown @UT and vs ISU in January we’d be a 2.
The committee is not supposed to factor in players “injuries” but if we were at full roster probably a 5 seed.

Wexahu

We play 9:05 on Friday. How do we get absolutely scheissed with the latest game of the tournament 3 times in a row ?
So night games in football are the greatest things ever but night games in basketball suck? Our game will end at about the same time a prime time football game ends.

What is so terrible about late games?

Limey Frog

Arizona St/Nevada not a bad matchup- but Gonzaga is a terrible draw for us if we make it through. Toughest 3 seed, IMO and I don’t think we match up well. And UCLA probably the toughest 2 seed. Kansas probably the weakest 1 seed though.
Yeah, I think we'll struggle there. They can outshoot us and probably slow us down into the kind of half-court game where we tank. Anyway, round one first...

Putt4Purple

So night games in football are the greatest things ever but night games in basketball suck? Our game will end at about the same time a prime time football game ends.

What is so terrible about late games?
I dislike the late games as well. If I’m not out at a sports bar and drinking with a large crowd I’ll fall asleep. Never fails! I’m planning to stay home so there’s that!

#1 seed Houston may have to play #9 seed Auburn in Birmingham in Round 2. #9 seed Auburn first plays #8 seed Iowa, in Birmingham.

#1 seed Alabama and #9 seed Auburn BOTH play their first two games in Birmingham. Auburn University to Birmingham is only a two-hour drive in their home state. How the hell does that happen? A #9 seed gets their first two games on a home court. SEC SEC SEC.

Last edited:

JogginFrog

Dislike playing a team that plays on Wednesday. Didn't work out well with Syracuse.
At least Nevada and Arizona State have to fly across the country to play in Dayton, then fly back to Denver to play the Frogs at altitude. Late game Friday gives them some time to recover, but that's a hectic week for the opponent.

Will be a legend on the opposite sideline no matter who wins the play-in. Bobby Hurley coaches ASU; Steve Alford coaches Nevada.

LVH

I am really glad we got a 6 seed instead of a 5, those 12 seeds are much better than the 11 seeds.

With that being said, once again Iowa State gets a more favorable draw than us. Even though they were an 11 last year and we were a 9, they got an LSU team with no coach and suspended players in the first round then a Wisconsin team in the 2nd round that was ranked 37 on KenPom. We had to play Arizona in Round 2. I'd much rather trade places with Iowa State and get a potential 2nd round matchup with Xavier than have to play Gonzaga, who we just don't match up well with.

I think we match up VERY well with both Arizona State and Nevada. Both teams have some big men to worry about, but Arizona State is putrid offensively, worse at 3 point shooting than we are and can't rebound. They also can't shoot 2s either. Then Nevada cant rebound and ended the season on a skid. Both teams are ranked worse on Kenpom than any Big 12 team.

But Gonzaga... yikes. Who the hell is going to guard Drew Timme? Cork can't guard him for entire game. Might as well double team Timme and force other Gonzaga players to beat us. Gonzaga is the best offensive team in the country. Their defense is their weakness, maybe they dont run back on defense, and they are not great at rebounding. Only way to beat them is outscore them.

LVH

UT shot their wad in BIG XII tournament. I fully expect them to be out after 1st weekend.
They drew the best 15 seed, an experienced hungry Colgate team that is not just happy to be there but expects to win. 3 straight tourneys Colgate has come close to a 1st round upset.

PurpleBlood87

At least Nevada and Arizona State have to fly across the country to play in Dayton, then fly back to Denver to play the Frogs at altitude. Late game Friday gives them some time to recover, but that's a hectic week for the opponent.

Will be a legend on the opposite sideline no matter who wins the play-in. Bobby Hurley coaches ASU; Steve Alford coaches Nevada.
Glad the Frogs played at Utah so they have plated at altitude. Salt Lake City is 1000 feet lower than Denver though.