• The KillerFrogs

Tournament seeding

PurpleBlood87

We are a 6 seed playing in Denver on Friday. We play the winner of Arizona St./Nevada who have a play-in game this week. In our bracket Kansas is the 1 seed, UCLA the 2 seed, and Gonzaga the 3 seed. Honestly, not that bad of a draw considering we've played Kansas great in the first two games.
Dislike playing a team that plays on Wednesday. Didn't work out well with Syracuse.

Smellslikeroses

We are a 6 seed playing in Denver on Friday. We play the winner of Arizona St./Nevada who have a play-in game this week. In our bracket Kansas is the 1 seed, UCLA the 2 seed, and Gonzaga the 3 seed. Honestly, not that bad of a draw considering we've played Kansas great in the first two games.
What time? I searched and couldn’t find the time.

CountryFrog

Committee doesn't seem to think super highly of the Big 12 for whatever reason. Kansas should've been #1 or at least #2 overall seed and I think all of Baylor, TCU, and Iowa St are a seed lower than they should be. Plus Oklahoma St ends up on the wrong side of the bubble which isn't egregious but is just another hit against the conference.

Overall it doesn't seem like the committee cared too much about SOS.

hometown frog

Some of these seedlings and placements the committee has put out so far is shocking.
Committee doesn't seem to think super highly of the Big 12 for whatever reason. Kansas should've been #1 or at least #2 overall seed and I think all of Baylor, TCU, and Iowa St are a seed lower than they should be. Plus Oklahoma St ends up on the wrong side of the bubble which isn't egregious but is just another hit against the conference.

until they put kstate as a 3 seed out of no where.

An-Cap Frog

The Texas Frog Horns!!

Agree not a lot of respect for the Big 12- although Kansas’ snub kinda makes the most sense. They had several big blow out losses this year, and efficiency rankings like kenpom have them all the way down in the late single digits.

TCUdirtbag

How is K St. a 3 seed? I could’ve sworn we just smoked them.
I think they should be a 4. Their NET tanked late. But they’re 23-9 (11-7), NET #22, 9 Q1 wins. Only 1 Q2 loss and no Q3/4 Ls. Real good resume. Better than ours.

If one game determined seeding we’d be a 1 after smoking KU at Allen or not even in the CBI after losing to Northwestern State at home (NET in the 200s).

Arizona St/Nevada not a bad matchup- but Gonzaga is a terrible draw for us if we make it through. Toughest 3 seed, IMO and I don’t think we match up well. And UCLA probably the toughest 2 seed. Kansas probably the weakest 1 seed though.

East Coast

Tier 1

The committee was obviously out drinking and partying and making things up as they go. Miami screwed as a 5 seed and sent to Albany while Virginia is given a 4. GCU a number 14 when they should have been a 16. And A&M, LOL, the 2nd team in the SEC, is given a 7 seed just to setup a match with Texas in round 2. (Tennessee was tied for 4th with 4 more conference losses and was given a 4 seed, Kentucky was a 6, and Missouri which tied Tennessee was also a 7). Schools with NETS in the 40's (one exactly at 40) left out over schools in the mid to upper 60's. This is probably the worst job the committee has ever done.

By the way, I think TCU was one of the lucky ones and got a relatively fair draw, though a disciplined Gonzaga team is a tough matchup if we win our first game.