• The KillerFrogs

Tournament Hopes

TCUPhish

Don't think I have felt this much rage during a basketball season. Must be a sign of the times that are program is turning arou---- never mind we lost to WVU, a team that had only won 2 conference games before we flew to WV. No words can describe my rage. Dixon, what the hell did you prepare our team for? Thinking all hopes are lost. Maybe we win 1 more game. That puts us at 19 wins.... Really wishing that Hawaii Pacific game was postponed at this time, because I give us a 30 percent chance of making it into march.

Pharm Frog

Don't think I have felt this much rage during a basketball season. Must be a sign of the times that are program is turning arou---- never mind we lost to WVU, a team that had only won 2 conference games before we flew to WV. No words can describe my rage. Dixon, what the hell did you prepare our team for? Thinking all hopes are lost. Maybe we win 1 more game. That puts us at 19 wins.... Really wishing that Hawaii Pacific game was postponed at this time, because I give us a 30 percent chance of making it into march.

I give us a 99.44% chance to make it into March. I feel very confident.

Purp

We're fortunate they're calling this a quadrant 2 loss. Makes it look much less bad. And one of those 2 previous WVU wins was Kansas who also got murdered worse than us in Lubbuttock. As bad as they've been this season, winning in Morgantown is still hard.

Edited bc I originally said Waco instead of Lubbuttock. I conflated the butt crack of Texas with the armpit of Texas. Pretty sure Kansas won in Waco, but if they didn't it wasn't a blowout.

Last edited:

Purp

Need to upset either tech or kstate and then beat Texas. Or will have to probably reach finals of tourney.
I kinda want EMAW to win out. I want Rock Chalk's streak to end and I don't want Tech to end it. EMAW is my only hope. Give me a Tech and Texas victory and I'll gladly fall on the sword against EMAW. Unless Kansas loses another.

DickBumpastache

If we beat K-State I think we're in. The bubble is extraordinarily weak this year:

- Pac-12 should be a 1-bid league
- A-10 is a 1-bid league
- Missouri Valley is pathetic
- Don't think St Mary's will sneak in unless they win the WCC tournament

Don't get me wrong, this is an inexcusable loss. But at some point, you have to stop rejecting teams if you want to get to 68.

LVH

If we beat K-State I think we're in. The bubble is extraordinarily weak this year:

- Pac-12 should be a 1-bid league
- A-10 is a 1-bid league
- Missouri Valley is pathetic
- Don't think St Mary's will sneak in unless they win the WCC tournament

Don't get me wrong, this is an inexcusable loss. But at some point, you have to stop rejecting teams if you want to get to 68.

On the flipside, you have Washington, Wofford, Nevada, Buffalo, and the OVC leaders Murray State/Belmont. If any of those teams don't win their conference tourney, an at-large bid gets taken away.

Despite Washington dominating the Pac-12, I'd still take the field in that tourney.

Wofford has destroyed the Southern Conference but you have 3 teams ranked inside KenPom Top 80 that will be challenging them on a neutral floor.

Nevada has lost twice and will have to fend off bubble team Utah State as well as San Diego State and New Mexico teams that beat them. Don't forget UNLV either as its on their home floor.

I'd also take the field in the MAC.