• The KillerFrogs

Tough loss to a mediocre team

utesfan100

It's obviously a rebuilding year for you guys. It will be interesting to see if you can handle Air Force next week. Your big game will be against the spud chuckers at Boise State in Idaho which you probably will lose. You may get a challenge from BYU. too. So, you're most likely looking at an 11-2 or 10-3 year. Not too bad for a rebuilding year, although much of that is a function of weak competition. Good luck cow girls :)

First Tee Frog

How small is your life that you come to our board to talk trash? We don't play you anymore and you weren't much as far as competition the last few times we played you. Run along ute

Double D

Tier 1
47-7. Obviously your a$$ is still sore from that beat down in your house. Good luck becoming the consensus doormat in the Pac 12. The futile utes will never win that conference.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
This coming from a team that struggled to beat Montana State at home Thursday. Pac 12 may treat the Utes like fresh meat at Lompoc.

jack the frog

Sorry, might work with the kiddies but most Frog fans know we were due. Needed to come back to earth after our Rose Bowl Win. Probably thought we were better than we were. I am sure you understand that, right?

102-35

:tongue:

Frog89

It's obviously a rebuilding year for you guys. It will be interesting to see if you can handle Air Force next week. Your big game will be against the spud chuckers at Boise State in Idaho which you probably will lose. You may get a challenge from BYU. too. So, you're most likely looking at an 11-2 or 10-3 year. Not too bad for a rebuilding year, although much of that is a function of weak competition. Good luck cow girls :)

I gotta be honest. No matter how bad anyone beats Utah this year, I can't see myself going to wherever the hell the Utah board is and taking time to comment on it. In fact, if I did happen to catch a Utah score where they lost, I'm not sure my brain would even stop down to process it.

As far as what's weak, it's you and byuhog coming over here and trying to talk smack about anything after the last 2 years..

TCU 69 BYU 10

TCU 102 Utah 35.

Genbukan

He tries to talk trash but he still predicts a better season for us than I am.

With the problems we have on D 9-3 will be a BIG accomplishment. We're going to have trouble with every single team that has a QB who can walk and chew gum. SDSU (Lindley), SMU (Padron), BYU (Heaps), Boise (Moore) and maybe even CSU (Thomas) all have to be very eager to play against the frogs this year.

A 7-5 or 8-4 season still gets us an Independance Bowl berth. Shreveport ain't Pasadena but its still better than sitting at home during the holidays.

HFrog1999

Well, our Rose Bowl trophy is still shiny this morning. Thanks for winning your games last season before the Horned Frogs epic beat down of your Utes so TCU could win it.

Rose%2BBowl%2BGary%2BPatterson.jpg

HFrog1999

He tries to talk trash but he still predicts a better season for us than I am.

With the problems we have on D 9-3 will be a BIG accomplishment. We're going to have trouble with every single team that has a QB who can walk and chew gum. SDSU (Lindley), SMU (Padron), BYU (Heaps), Boise (Moore) and maybe even CSU (Thomas) all have to be very eager to play against the frogs this year.

A 7-5 or 8-4 season still gets us an Independance Bowl berth. Shreveport ain't Pasadena but its still better than sitting at home during the holidays.

Our team is much better this morning than they were yesterday morning. They have the talent, they are just young and lacked focus.

That was Baylor's Super Bowl and was probably the greatest game they've ever played. TCU will have a chance to win the rest of our games this season.

Opintel

Moderators
Our team is much better this morning than they were yesterday morning. They have the talent, they are just young and lacked focus.

That was Baylor's Super Bowl and was probably the greatest game they've ever played. TCU will have a chance to win the rest of our games this season.
Exactly right, my friend. In the long run, this is semi-good; our winning streak begins again next Saturday.

MidlandFrog

My thoughts exactly!!! RG3 had the best game of his career. He is probably a top ten pick if he keeps throwing the deep ball like that. Keep in mind we played about as poorly as we could have for three quarters and we still were in the game at the end. We are still a great program boys, just had a bad night

Frog89

To accept your 'walk and chew gum' argument, you'd have to assume we have a head coach who knows nothing about how to fix a defense. We adjusted in 2nd half and almost won the game. I think you are way overreacting on this one. Our D will be fine. If those teams are eager to play against the Frogs, they better be careful what they wish for.

fanatical frog

Tough losses to mediocre teams happen all the time. Another one that comes to mind took place in South Bend last fall....the week after the Utes were pillaged by the Frogs.

dweller

Thoughts on the D...........the 4-2-5 is a disciplined defense and the corners are on a island. An accurate QB can have success if he has time to throw and good receivers. Baylor has both, remember San Diego Sate last year, our corners got burned by Lindley and we won a close game. The key this year is to get more pressure on the QB's. The other thing that happened last night (at least it appeared to me) is that some of the younger players started trying to make a play to stop the damage and were out of position. GP has always said the defense depends on every player being in position and players trusting their teammates to be where they are suppose to be, and not freelancing to try and make plays.
The comeback shows this team will be okay, I think the teams we will struggle with will be SDS and Boise due toexperiencedd QB's. But both teams lost their topreceiverss this year, so it depends on how much our D can improve. GP's past record shows the Defense gets better as the year goes on. This couldstilll be an exciting year.

Lone Frog

So, after all of us wished Utah well in the Pac-12, you show up here to post this? After the outpouring of condolences over the recent death of the wife of one of your players, you come here to do your best Boise fan impression? Yes, after barely showing up for three quarters, our team of mostly new starters came back to within a hair's breadth of winning, but didn't quite put it away. Apparently that makes you feel good.

Your coach and your players are men of honor and character. If you like the team so much, why not try to emulate them? For now, run along, little boy. Come back when your balls drop and you're ready to talk to men.

FrogRails

Scoreboard (x2). Rose Bowl. Suck it.

michaelperrytcu

Our team is much better this morning than they were yesterday morning.
Thinking long-term, losing this game might have been a good thing. It gives all of these players a "feeling to remember" that they can revert to to keep motivated and working hard. Also, coming back from being down so far and then not winning in the end doesn't re-enforce to all of the players that TCU will ALWAYS pull out a win just because we're TCU. It teaches them they need to be prepared mentally BEFORE the game and play with intensity for ALL 4 quarters. This was never going to be a NC team, so I really think this was probably a good thing to happen early to a core group of young talented players that will be competing for big things in the next 2-3 years.