• The KillerFrogs

Top 25 basketball

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Long long overdue for TCU to care and pay attention to basketball, and this thread shows us that. Always should have been at least shoulder to shoulder with football, in my mind—a front porch for national visibility. TCU can win a national championship in basketball, but that ship has sailed for football. NIL punctuates that. TCU can be in March Madness nearly every dang year, and nearly every office and social group in the country participates in that pool. Basketball can compete if not in P5, like Gonzaga.

The basketball arena could have been built new from scratch—“the Camden Yards of basketball,” the best, to draw coaches, recruits and fans—a fun luxurious show of commitment—the cost being about comparable to the 113 million East Side Club attached to Amon Carter. National Champion Baylor is about to break ground on a luxurious new arena.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Long long overdue for TCU to care and pay attention to basketball, and this thread shows us that. Always should have been at least shoulder to shoulder with football, in my mind—a front porch for national visibility. TCU can win a national championship in basketball, but that ship has sailed for football. NIL punctuates that. TCU can be in March Madness every dang year, and nearly every office and social group in the country participates in that pool. Basketball can compete if not in P5, like Gonzaga.

The basketball arena should have been rebuilt from scratch like the Camden Yards of basketball, the best, to draw coaches, recruits and fans—a fun luxurious show of commitment—the cost being about comparable to the 113 million Amon Carter East Side Club. National Champion Baylor is about to break ground on that luxurious new arena.
Gosh how much dumb can you fit into a post

That was a good team. Bane, Williams, Brodziansky, Fisher (before injuries), ARob.

If they had won a tournament game they would be probably remembered much more fondly.

That matchup with Syracuse was so unfortunate, we had a really good team, but hadn’t seen a team like Syracuse all year with that 2-3 zone, and handled it poorly. We were better than a lot of the teams in that tournament,

CountryFrog

KTown Frog

Didn’t realize how many close games we lost in conference in 2017-18. Probably could’ve been 12-6 in conference which might’ve changed some seeding in the tournament.

TCUdirtbag

Every Big 12 team except Oklahoma State and Kansas State is ranked or receiving votes. And last week OK State beat Baylor and K-State beat Tech.

Also, replace #23 Texas and RV Oklahoma with #10 Houston and RV BYU. Cinci and UCF have NET rankings of 59 and 85, too.

y2kFrog

Didn’t realize how many close games we lost in conference in 2017-18. Probably could’ve been 12-6 in conference which might’ve changed some seeding in the tournament.
I remember we had leads in both OU games and blew them. I think we led by almost 20 at home before Trae Young went crazy.

Virginia Frog

We were ranked in 2017-18 as high as 10 (crazy that I don’t remember this). That was the year we made the tourney.
The TCU mens basketball page on Wikipedia needs some serious updating.

Particularly our "season-by-season results." The last year they have in that category is 2017-18.

There are separate wiki pages for individual seasons from 2010-11 to 2020-21.

Someone (from killerfrogs) with the knowledge, press books, etc for the most recent years could do us a favor and work on this. (too big of a job for me! - I'm also not well tuned-in to TCU b-ball.) Thanks in advance.