• The KillerFrogs

Today's the Day

texpat-ute

Well, Frog fans, today's the day Utah officially joins the Pac-12. I have to say that with some reticence because I have enjoyed our relationship with TCU over the past few years. Both schools shook up the BCS and I will forever enjoy my video reviews of you guys beating up on BYU. I wish you were coming with us but I know you will do very well in the Big East. Best of luck to you all.

Lone Frog

Well, Frog fans, today's the day Utah officially joins the Pac-12. I have to say that with some reticence because I have enjoyed our relationship with TCU over the past few years. Both schools shook up the BCS and I will forever enjoy my video reviews of you guys beating up on BYU. I wish you were coming with us but I know you will do very well in the Big East. Best of luck to you all.

To you as well. Looking forward to watching Utah smack around some Pac-12 teams this year.

Just sorry to see what was shaping up to be a nice little rivalry come to an end.

SnoSki

I agree with the above post.. now I have a team to care about in the PAC. Good luck guys-- don't do too badly this year or it'll make us look weak too!

Houston Frog

I will definitely be rooting for Utah in the coming years, but especially this 2011 season, as many will try to tie back how they do with TCU and the overall strength of the MWC.

Ute fans, how do y'all feel your team should be this year compared to last year's? I'm hoping it's way stronger

FrogRails

Best of luck to the Utes! Our short rivalry, IMO, helped motivate both schools to improve and to perform at the highest level.

And may the Utes be the second "Mountain West" team to win the Rose Bowl! :biggrin:

SnoSki

My biggest fear with Utah is that they will go 7-5 or worse perennially and pundits will use that to say, "see? We told you the mwc was no good."

fanforlife

Yes, Go Utes! I would love to see you guys win the Pac-12 this year. Without Tank Carder to shake him up and knock him around, maybe Jordan Wynn will regain his confidence and lead the team to greatness.

I hope that the TCU and Utah honchos will schedule some OOC games sometime in the future. Really, really enjoyed the rivalry and feel confident claiming that, all in all, TCU was the better program.

ricksterh

All the best to UU, a class act and a good rival. Too bad the Utes left the MWC but when a school gets invited to an AQ conference as we well know it's not an option to turn that down. imo even with UU, Y and Boise and TCU there is no way the b(c)s was going to make the MWC an AQ because they want to keep the power and $ and no way that changes even though that conference would have deserved it. :angry: I'll miss UU and hope we can play some non conference games home and home. :biggrin: