• The KillerFrogs

Times Herald-Record: Former Middletown player mulls offer from TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

By Justin Rodriguez

Times Herald-Record

From St. John's to Seton Hall to West Virginia — just about every Big East school has recruited Ryan Rhoomes to play basketball.

And Rhoomes might one day arrive in the Big East — via Texas.

Rhoomes, a 6-foot-8 power forward, said on Monday he is leaning toward playing at Texas Christian University — a late entrant into the race for his services. ...

Waccy Frog

By Justin Rodriguez

Times Herald-Record

From St. John's to Seton Hall to West Virginia — just about every Big East school has recruited Ryan Rhoomes to play basketball.

And Rhoomes might one day arrive in the Big East — via Texas.

Rhoomes, a 6-foot-8 power forward, said on Monday he is leaning toward playing at Texas Christian University — a late entrant into the race for his services. ...

This would be a tremendous get for CJC's program. If he can seal the deal with Rhoomes, and land Josh Richardson and Stokes, that would be a fairly miraculous class given how poorly last season went, and would set a nice foundation for the future. If you are a CJC believer, this should give you some hope. But even if you are CJC skeptic, you have to acknowledge that TCU can only benefit from the laying of this kind of foundation, regardless of who the coach is down the line. So believers and non-believers alike, let's keep our fingers crossed.

Froggle Rock

how did we convince him to even consider here. guarantee him the ball 90% of the time?

Immediate playing time is enticing to some kids, and we have plenty to dole out. If he does end up coming he can definitely help us bring other guys in here that can play.

Huge break for CJC if this guy commits.

Big Frog II

Immediate playing time is enticing to some kids, and we have plenty to dole out. If he does end up coming he can definitely help us bring other guys in here that can play.

Isn't that the truth.

Ryan, how many minutes do you want?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Good comments:

"I expect Ryan to develop into a pretty good Division I player," said Cardozo coach Ron Nacleiro, who has produced 82 Division I players in 30 years. "He has to work, he has to mature, but Ryan's a smart player. I didn't love the way he came into Cardozo, but I loved the way he left. He came in as a homesick kid and ended up being the most popular guy in the school."

namollec

Sure looks like a quality kid and athlete. Any video?

Best wishes to CJC and Frog MBB!