• The KillerFrogs

This UNLV game is HUGE for us

peacock

I don't think people realize how big this UNLV game is for the Frogs...more voters will watch the first half of this game then the utah game..The 10pm start means we will be the only game on at that point in time.....so we will have the maximum amount of voters watching our game,...we desperately need to come out hard and impressive...like it or not...the early struggles against SMU really hurt us in the minds of the voters, and it is one of the main reasons we have hit a glass ceiling in the polls...a baylor-like first half could really jump start us again in the polls, but a CSU like first half will kill us, because this will be the only time the majority of voters will be able to watch us without distractions and the chances are good they will all go to bed at halftime...We only get so many chances and we will have attention of the college football world saturday at 10pm, lets hope CGP and the boys put on a good show.

Young and Horned

Disagree. More people will for sure watch the entire TCU-Utah game that spotlights two Top 10 teams. UNLV game could be only game on TV Saturday and people would care more about Utah game.

West Coast Johnny

I don't think the hyperbole of this thread can be under estimated. Say for example, the hyperbole of a normal thread is the size of of a football field, the hyperbole of this thread would be infinitely larger than the known universe.

peacock

Utah-TCU is up against Bama-LSU on CBS plus the 230pm regional games on ABC....im telling you...the people that matter, the voters have not watched us (nobody saw our dismantling of baylor, wyoming, byu or afa)....and the last time they did, the smu game, they were unimpressed and oregon jumped us in the polls.....this is our next chance to make an impression, and it needs to be a good one.....plus the fact boise still has 4 more national games all by themselves (1 tues, 3 friday) on espn, we need to take advantage of this situation and come out and dominate,

Epic fail.
It's on CBS College Sports.
They'll have a hard time tripping over it.

If voters aren't familiar with CBS-CS then they should have their voting rights stripped. If they have normal cable TV it's part of most Sports Tiers, and my guess is most voters will splurge the extra $6/month to catch replays and watch The Tony Barnhart Show. Personally, I couldn't live without CBS-CS during CFB season, even if I wasn't a TCU fan. I love that channel.

I think he has a point. Sure, he's a little over the top with this being HUGE for us, but it is a great opportunity. More voters will be watching than CSU, Wyoming, and maybe even BYU and AFA.

Houston Frog

If voters aren't familiar with CBS-CS then they should have their voting rights stripped. If they have normal cable TV it's part of most Sports Tiers, and my guess is most voters will splurge the extra $6/month to catch replays and watch The Tony Barnhart Show. Personally, I couldn't live without CBS-CS during CFB season, even if I wasn't a TCU fan. I love that channel.

Agreed. People act like CBS-College is Telemundo IV or something

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
We could be up 100-0 at halftime and would get no credit for killing UNLV. This game ranks right up there with the Wyoming and New Mexico games (but CGP will have them spitting nails anyway)

neo926

This UNLV game is irrelevant. No one will be watching it because it's on so late, only thing people will do is check the box score the next day. Aside from Tennessee Tech this could be least relevant game (as far as public perception goes) that we have this season.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
This UNLV game is irrelevant. No one will be watching it because it's on so late, only thing people will do is check the box score the next day. Aside from Tennessee Tech this could be least relevant game (as far as public perception goes) that we have this season.

Correct - except many East Coast papers still won't have the score until Monday.

TCUdirtbag

I concede it's a better opportunity to be seen by the voters than CSU or Wyoming, but this is nowhere near Utah level. Gameday will be in Salt Lake so long as we both win Saturday. That will be the type game voters DVR and watch that night if they can't catch it live.
By the time more contested games are over, this one should be wrapped up. A solid performance would certainly be nice, but the Utah game is far more important. That said, if Michigan State pulls off a win at Iowa (which I strongly doubt), a solid TV performance may be reason for the voters to keep us above them in the human polls (though their computer numbers will be enough to move them above us in the BCS rankings).

TEUFELI

I don't think people realize how big this UNLV game is for the Frogs...more voters will watch the first half of this game then the utah game..The 10pm start means we will be the only game on at that point in time.....so we will have the maximum amount of voters watching our game,...we desperately need to come out hard and impressive...like it or not...the early struggles against SMU really hurt us in the minds of the voters, and it is one of the main reasons we have hit a glass ceiling in the polls...a baylor-like first half could really jump start us again in the polls, but a CSU like first half will kill us, because this will be the only time the majority of voters will be able to watch us without distractions and the chances are good they will all go to bed at halftime...We only get so many chances and we will have attention of the college football world saturday at 10pm, lets hope CGP and the boys put on a good show.

You think they are gonna watch an 11E game between a non-AQ and UNLfreakingV?? You are high

TEUFELI

+ 1

The voters will have completed their ballot by the time the TCU-UNLV game starts. Unfortunate, but probably true.

Disagree. I think this is when they'd be filling out their ballots. Again though, not saying this is Utah big, but we have a good opportunity to move up a spot on a few ballots if we get out to a fast start. And those few ballots could make a difference when we are trying to close a 0.0013 gap.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Peacock...steady man, steady.

This game will be 55-7 and the TD against us will come against the 3rd string TCU D.

Not sure that it really matters to anyone besides TCU and UNLV.........

peacock

maybe i was overstating it a little bit...but i do think its important to get out to a fast start...everybody agrees beating unlv isnt going to punch our ticket to a title game...but a slow start could really damage our chances.....i think you will be surprised how many voters will be checking this game out....if it was an afternoon game or even an early evening game...all that would matter would be the final score...but with this late start we will have more eyeballs on it...and that is the point i was trying to get across.....from a voting standpoint this is our biggest game since smu