• The KillerFrogs

This Is Why You Never Say Never...

CDC a few months ago, quote: "I love the Frog nation. I have the best job on the planet. I will be your AD as long as you will have me."

I love CDC, what he has HELPED TCU do over the last 10 years has been special.

But this is why Gary never says never, keeps it real. Now, my last memory of CDC as AD will be thinking that he lied to us, to keep us happy, until he got the job/check/whatever he really wanted.

I know "everybody does it," but pardon me for holding people to higher expectations. And their word.

Love you CDC, just wish it didn't happen this way.

TCUdirtbag

CDC is a salesman. He tells you exactly what you want to hear.

Will hope he’ll look out for us when realignment happens, but I don’t trust he will. He’ll look out for himself. Nothing wrong with that, but we need to understand that now. TCU has to look out for TCU.

cdsfrog

Will hope he’ll look out for us when realignment happens, but I don’t trust he will. He’ll look out for himself. Nothing wrong with that, but we need to understand that now. TCU has to look out for TCU.

Leaving for Texas tells me no chance in hell he does that.

MinFrog

Makes him seem like so many other slimy characters. It is what it is, chase that money.

But I agree, if you make those statements, don’t expect people to not be pissed when you leave.

Damn shame too, he did so much for TCU, but in my book he lost a lot of goodwill handling it the way he did.

OICU812

^^^ Always, x100. People thinking he's gonna look out for TCU when the whip comes down are wishful thinking. Only way that happens is if what's good for TCU happens to coincide with what's good for CDC.

HFrog12

CDC a few months ago, quote: "I love the Frog nation. I have the best job on the planet. I will be your AD as long as you will have me."

I love CDC, what he has HELPED TCU do over the last 10 years has been special.

But this is why Gary never says never, keeps it real. Now, my last memory of CDC as AD will be thinking that he lied to us, to keep us happy, until he got the job/check/whatever he really wanted.

I know "everybody does it," but pardon me for holding people to higher expectations. And their word.

Love you CDC, just wish it didn't happen this way.

I said the exact same thing to a big group text of mine. It’s why I have always respected GP’s never say never. Don’t fault CDC at all and love everything he did, but let that be a lesson to your words.

cdsfrog

He will not give two [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s about after today. And if anyone is foolish enough to think he wouldn’t try and poach employees or coaches is living in fantasy land.

Yep. Tcu is the enemy now. Appreciate everything he did but doesn't excuse him scheissing us over on the way out.

TCUdirtbag

Makes him seem like so many other slimy characters. It is what it is, chase that money.

But I agree, if you make those statements, don’t expect people to not be pissed when you leave.

Damn shame too, he did so much for TCU, but in my book he lost a lot of goodwill handling it the way he did.

Slimy is a bit harsh, IMO. And it’s not him chasing money. He’s chasing the prestige of UT same a career beyond college AD.

TX_Krötenechse

He will not give two [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s about after today. And if anyone is foolish enough to think he wouldn’t try and poach employees or coaches is living in fantasy land.
Well he certainly won’t right now - UT doesn’t need a coach. But he sure as hell will when it comes down to it - at this point, he’s going to do what’s best for UT. If he can help TCU out in the process, I’m sure he will, but only as an incidental benefit. If screwing TCU by leaving us out of realignment or poaching a coach or whatever helps UT, then that’s what he’ll do, since it’s now his job.