• The KillerFrogs

This is where Gary starts to lose his chili with fans, press, etc....

Chongo94

How else would you resolve your issues with the coaching staff? Sit down and talk with 'em? Good luck.

Oh I see what you’re saying now. Well yeah, in essence, you’re right, it’s up to GP. But we have seen through the years now that he has been loyal to a fault at times with certain staff members.

tetonfrog

Oh I see what you’re saying now. Well yeah, in essence, you’re right, it’s up to GP. But we have seen through the years now that he has been loyal to a fault at times with certain staff members.

Exactly.

Not trying to be nasty with you, but GP is GP. He will stick with these assistants win or lose. His loyalty to TCU is tremendous. Unfortunately, his loyalty to some of his guys is not. I wonder if we see any changes with the offensive philosophy/staff after the season. It took the dumpster fires of two seasons for Anderson to be demoted.

dawg

I just see a guy spilling the beans, not crapping the bed.

Yeah, but the guy is attempting to carry a pot of chili. Then he fumbles it and the whole thing turns into a giant mess everywhere that could easily be mistaken for a huge puddle of diarrhea.

#TCUOffense2018

maddogDemocrat

I'm not ready to give Kliff a ton of credit for anything they did tonight. You think he drew up the play where no one covers the slot receiver running straight down the middle especially for Duffy? Or the play where the entire D-line goes into hero mode and loses all gap integrity to allow the QB to run 30 yards before coming in contact with a defender?

Without those two plays that had nothing to do with the play caller or offensive game plan then his offense scores 3 points for the second year in a row against TCU.
Affer the first quarter they had Anderson/s no. especially when Robinson changed the play and called Anderson's no., TT stopped them cold.

Dogfrog

I agree with GP that this was on the defense. Yes our offense sucks but the game should have been 14-3. The busted coverage long pass play was a killer as was the all out rush resulting in a long qb run / TD. Our head coach is a defensive guru and for me, and as a result, fair or not, much much more is expected of the defense in terms of determining the outcome of games

Collins is Tyler Matthews 2.0

In 2013 everyone wanted Boykin benched for Matthews, Matthews comes in and stinks it up.

I believe if Collins were a viable option he would have seen he field by now

Really not a lot different then ISU They switched to their backup after us. The point is, you have to try something to shake things up, whether it works or not, Maybe just start the entire second team. If may get the starters attention, that they may not be as important as they think they are.

Sebastian S

Read this. The evidence suggests Collins won’t limit TO’s compared to SR. Everyone keeps hoping...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...named-starting-quarterback-tcus-season-opener

"In a camp where the secondary has been feasting on interceptions, Robinson has been picked off just three times. "

giphy.gif

I don't believe anything coming out of practice at this point.

giphy.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate
"In a camp where the secondary has been feasting on interceptions, Robinson has been picked off just three times. "

giphy.gif

I don't believe anything coming out of practice at this point.

giphy.gif
Ok...then I guess I’m sold. You don’t belive in what comes out of practice therefore Collins won’t have TO’s. Seems legit.

Did those throws into the ground in Austin convince you?

Mean Purple

Really not a lot different then ISU They switched to their backup after us. The point is, you have to try something to shake things up, whether it works or not, Maybe just start the entire second team. If may get the starters attention, that they may not be as important as they think they are.
See Kyle Orton

Wexahu

Ok...then I guess I’m sold. You don’t belive in what comes out of practice therefore Collins won’t have TO’s. Seems legit.

Did those throws into the ground in Austin convince you?

I don't really buy anything that comes out of practice either, but all we know is that in games SR has really been struggling and turning the ball over at an alarming rate. Maybe Collins would be worse, but who knows? At this point I'd give him a few series to kind of find out if there is something there. The worst thing that could happen is he'll turn it over and it'll lead to an easy score. That's kind of what we've been getting anyway. If he stinks SR can always be put back in.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
That's right.

I don't even know why Collins is on the roster.

Horrible.

Robinson all the way!
Just so we are clear here. SR was named starter, according to the head coach, specifically because he turned the ball over less in fall camp. But we shouldn’t belive that and just assume Collins will do better? If you want to argue give him chance so be it. But assuming it will be better is too big a leap for me based on what we’ve been told. If Collins plays, and he probably should get a chance to do so, I hope he is lights out and the turnover parade ends.

It just wears me out when everyone just assumes the backup is the answer.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I don't really buy anything that comes out of practice either, but all we know is that in games SR has really been struggling and turning the ball over at an alarming rate. Maybe Collins would be worse, but who knows? At this point I'd give him a few series to kind of find out if there is something there. The worst thing that could happen is he'll turn it over and it'll lead to an easy score. That's kind of what we've been getting anyway. If he stinks SR can always be put back in.
I’ve been to practice. What I witnessed at practice and what I was told at practice was one hundred percent accurate. We aren’t talking about injuries here. Why lie about TO’s in practice when it’s so easily discounted? Just say SR was better. Everyone looks for lies and half truths where they aren’t.

Sebastian S

You are going off practice.

I am going off the games I have seen this season.

Like most have said, how bad could it get trying Collins?

If he turns the ball over, so what? Been there, done that. Multiple times.

A wise guy once said:
"But you’ve listened to me before, I don’t judge quarterbacks in practice or stats, anything else. I judge ‘em on Saturdays. We had a guy a long time ago, Jeff Ballard, great family man, married. He got fired every Tuesday. He ended up 19-2 as a starter and I never would have found out except Tye Gunn got hurt against BYU and Jeff came in and led us on five scoring drives and we came back to win 51-50. "

Too bad he isn't in charge of the offense, he has no say.

How about that ISU QB, Purdy?

Why wait for an injury? If the current one aint working, try something different.

Latest posts