• The KillerFrogs

This is on Cumbie

jake102

Worst QB performance Ive seen in a long time for TCU. Made 2012 look awesome.

Schlott was AWFUL. Refs terrible

Cumbie needs to be looked at. This is how you never win NCs

FrogLifeYo

Ugly game by every guy on the Offensive side of the ball..Hicks and Anderson couldn't get in a rhythm because our line was getting flagged on every possession.. That offense looked like 2015

murtleneck

I wasn't thrilled with the play calling at times, but this loss goes squarely on Kenny's shoulders. Feel like the lack of getting Kenny involved in the game lead to some really sloppy play on important reads. Combined with the turnovers. Choke job.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
So it’s not on the shoulders of the kid that threw an inexplicable pick in the red zone, Fumbled in the red zone and tried to force a throw in the last minute that resulted it n a game sealing pick, not to mention he was awe full throwing the ball all day?

It was the Bad Kenny show today. Hopefully it was a limited engagement

^^^^ This - He didn't even run well. In addition, he botched a snap catch on a critical third down play and was spraying the ball all over the place all day.

Deep Purple

Really irks me when TCU makes multiple mistakes by multiple parties at multiple points in the game and somebody tries to scapegoat the entire failure on one person. Yes, Cumbie's play-calling was baffling at times and not well-adjusted to the kind of defense Iowa State was running. But add to that:
  • Our defense didn't show up in the first half. The Clones came out really amped for this game and our guys were treating it like just another day at the office. We didn't adjust to that until the second half.
  • Good as he's been all season, Kenny Hill was really off today. Very inconsistent and showed really poor judgment at times.
  • Record number of offensive penalties for any game this season. Mistake after mistake cost us a ton of yardage and at least one TD.
  • Kyle Hicks has reverted to the poor form he showed during the latter half of last season by hesitating and dancing around too much at the line or in the offensive backfield instead exploding through the line. All that accomplishes is allowing the defense to hone in on him. This is why I like Darius Anderson better. He does explode through the line. The only time he gets caught for a loss is when the defense brings extra rushers and overwhelms our blocking scheme.
Plenty of lesser mistakes could be added to this list and, cumulatively, they contributed a lot to the loss. Waaay too easy dogpile on one guy -- be it Cumbie or Hill or whoever -- and place the blame totally on him. Cumbie did not single-handedly lose this game. It was a team effort. Plenty of blame to go around.