• The KillerFrogs

Things to do in LA (LisaLT help!) and KFF Party?

The Bad Guy

I would stay away from anything on Sunset Blvd. Its mainly 20 something year olds and the traffic is a beating.

Westside - Santa Monica or Venice areas have some fun spots. Depends on the crowd size or what you are looking for..
Any recommendations in the Redondo beach area? We rented a small air bnb that is suppose to be about a 1.5 block from the pier.

LisaLT

There is also a large sports bar called Tony P's in Marina del Rey.

I really like this place. Very cool vibe and great drinks:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There is also a large sports bar called Tony P's in Marina del Rey.

I really like this place. Very cool vibe and great drinks:

Heh. The Old Man Bar. Sounds like my kind of place!

We are set!!!

Big Dean’s Ocean Front Cafe following the Pep Rally! Spread the word!!!

TJ is my contact if anyone reaches out to them for any reason.

LisaLT

I don't want to rain on the parade, but Big Deans is off the bike path, and under the Santa Monica pier. There are a fair amount of transients around there - so be careful since I am guessing it will be dark around the time you are hitting that area? It is a beer and wine only (cheap wine) place and not too nice of a crowd.....

But if you are looking for a close place to hang out after the rally - it is close by...

Frog Bowl

I like this spot for a Victory Party post game. Plenty of parking. Big space.

I lived in Santa Monica in late 80s/early 90s and Barney's was hangover goto. They used to have a great bumper sticker, "Follow me to Barney's Beanery" and underneath it said "last bastion of heterosexuality" There is now a Barney's in Santa Monica...I will eat there Tuesday after the win before boarding my flight.

LisaLT

I lived in Santa Monica in late 80s/early 90s and Barney's was hangover goto. They used to have a great bumper sticker, "Follow me to Barney's Beanery" and underneath it said "last bastion of heterosexuality" There is now a Barney's in Santa Monica...I will eat there Tuesday after the win before boarding my flight.
Totally was the hangover go to. Still is.

LisaLT

If there are individuals staying in the Marina area, and want to catch the Frog Basketball game against Iowa State on TV (its a Saturday 11am tipoff), it will likely be on at Tony P's sports bar. They will make sure to have it playing if asked anyhow, especially if Frog Fans are there.

robertd2007

I was planning on damn shorts on the beach lol

Oh well, I’ll take a blizzard as long as frogs win lol.

Hello Frogs,

LA guy here.

Everyone needs to check out Santa Monica Brew Works. Its a local brewery with a large tap room. Perfect place to meet up on Sunday or Monday before the game.

Another benefit is that its close to the Expo line (train) that can take you within a mile of the stadium. You would need to transfer to the K line aka Crenshaw line to get close to the stadium.

If there are individuals staying in the Marina area, and want to catch the Frog Basketball game against Iowa State on TV (its a Saturday 11am tipoff), it will likely be on at Tony P's sports bar. They will make sure to have it playing if asked anyhow, especially if Frog Fans are there.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I thought he did an amazing job on Saturday. At this level, shutting down a team is near impossiple, can you make plays to put your offense in a good position, make key stops. Putting points on the board is a cherry on the top.
some of our posters would complain if they were being hung with a new rope.