• The KillerFrogs

The Washington Post: Everyone hated the NCAA tournament selection show on TBS

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Washington Post: Everyone hated the NCAA tournament selection show on TBS

By Des Bieler

Without getting too political here, it seems safe to say that we are living in a highly polarized era, in which people don’t appear to be seeing the same things and can’t agree on anything. So what TBS accomplished Sunday was truly impressive: Everyone who watched its NCAA tournament selection show hated it.

Now, words such as “everyone” in bloggy headlines are usually a form of intentional hyperbole, a way of getting the idea across that something was received with a noteworthy consensus. But in this case, a Twitter search for “selection show” while it was underway did not reveal any positive comments.

Were there negative comments?

Was Saint Mary’s snubbed?

(The answer to both questions is “yes,” by the way.)

Read more at https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...selection-show-on-tbs/?utm_term=.2832963dadd9

Frog DJ

Like others, I watched only long enough to determine when, where and against whom TCU would play, and which team they would face should they win their first game, so I didn't even notice the rest of the show.

As a 50+ year veteran of the broadcast wars I can assure everyone who hated the format of this year's show that there were focus groups set up to assess audience reaction, and much hand-wringing analysis will follow.

If that research reveals that the public largely disliked the manner in which the show was produced major changes will be made to next year's version, for fear of killing a goose that lays an egg of any kind - golden or not.

Go Frogs!

Zubaz

Didn't watch, didn't care to. When a field is 68 teams, the intrigue of which National Championship-caliber teams are going to be included is nil. No true contender is ever left out, so it's not like the CFB where there's the "Who's In?" storylines. The seeding might matter, I suppose, and I'm sure I'd watch if TCU was in that national championship conversation, but yeah, I can get all the information I care about over Twitter.

Pharm Frog

I bet they had the viewership necessary to justify their confiscatory ad rates which is all that matters at this point. Pretty sure AT&T, Coca-Cola and their other major sponsors were thrilled with their placements and frequency of mentions. People watched...that’s all.

TCUdirtbag

As I do with these things, I had it on while I was doing other things. It was fine. People [ hundin] about everything. If you have time to get on here and [ hundin] you don’t have anything else important to be doing anyway.