• The KillerFrogs

The Washington Huskies

Chongo94

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Limey Frog

Now we have the national championship game we would have had when I was a kid. Undefeated #1 Michigan versus undefeated #2 Washington.

Go Huskies!
A.K.A. the Big Ten Championship Game. What a world.

This was the first full game I've seen UW play. Penix is the real deal. Couldn't believe some of the passes he was connecting on.
I saw him in person back in September absolutely shredding Michigan State. It was clear within minutes that Sparty didn't have a puncher's chance, but my buddy who is a Sparty season ticket holder is a "stay until the bitter end" type, so I watched the whole thing. It was like watching a bunch of prison guards just wail on some malefactor with billy clubs. I had two take-aways from the experience:

1. I should have known better than to have gone in the first place.
2. Michael Penix can throw a ball anywhere he wants almost the entire length of a football field with a mere wrist-flick, and he can do it a lot faster than MSU defenders can do anything at all.

Michigan's defensive line is good enough to not give him very much time, but I think he needs even less than they will let him have.

Limey Frog

I wish we could have a QB that was talked about like this.
We had one last year. It can't be your year every year. For many programs, it never is. I've been cheering for TCU since 2006; we've had it pretty darn good. All the old timers who hung in there through the bad times deserve a medal.

Anyway, we'll get 'em next year. Maybe it'll be Hoover, maybe it'll be Henjy the year after, maybe it'll be someone else. But sooner than later TCU football is, once again, going to remind everyone that we're here and that we can punch above our weight class.

Limey Frog

We’re going to need an autocorrect widget added to the forum to correct the spelling of Hauss Hejny’s name.
That would be helpful. According to two seconds' worth of Google research the 'j' does, in fact, come before the 'n' as you have it. I've already committed it to memory the wrong away around; it could be too late for me without software assistance.

Last edited:

HG73

We had one last year. It can't be your year every year. For many programs, it never is. I've been cheering for TCU since 2006; we've had it pretty darn good. All the old timers who hung in there through the bad times deserve a medal.

Anyway, we'll get 'em next year. Maybe it'll be Hoover, maybe it'll be Henjy the year after, maybe it'll be someone else. But sooner than later TCU football is, once again, going to remind everyone that we're here and that we can punch above our weight class.
I believe I qualify for that medal. Graduated in 1973 but followed TCU long before that. Dad was from Azle and followed them his whole life. He was in his late teens when Sam and Davey roamed that same field. Took me to my first Frog game in 1956. It was a freshman game but I didn't know any better. I was hooked for life. We sucked hard in the 70s and when it looked like things couldn't possibly get any worse we got demoted to the WAC. Clawed our way back to a Rose Bowl, Peach Bowl, Big12 championship and a win in the CFP. Dan Jenkins shoulda wrote a book. There oughta be a movie. Where's my medal?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Huskies got away with a huge play call blunder that combined with the RB injury almost cost them the game by allowing too much time on the clock.

On UW's last possession resulting in the FG, on third down and Texas with two timeouts, UW called a pass play that was incomplete, letting Texas save the timeout. That was huge. Texas likely would have have run out of time on its possession had it been forced to use its second timeout before the Huskies FG. Instead they kept both for its last possession.

Lastly, if the cheerleader does not catch the ball out of bounds and it falls to the ground without being touched, time would have expired.

Ron Swanson

As an old timer I do agree. I just do not see Henjy being the man for a couple of years and Hoover is not a running QB. Yes Duggan was that man in 22/23 and after last season his added attributes were sorely missed and more evident than ever.
I would ague that Duggan was that man in 2022, but not that man in 2023.